It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(UK) Government plans travel database

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

if that is your argument, then why would they want it?, seems like a lot of expense to go to for just some records, i remember when we could park outside of our house for free, now they charge you, i remember when you could drive into london without paying, the cameras get you,i remember when living in this country was about freedom to be who you wanted to be, now you cant even say that some one is scottish or you are a racist, would you tell people how much you earn?, the size of your penis?, when was the last time you had sex?, with someone else?, screw them its private, every little tiny piece of me is mine and not theres, they do not own any single piece of me

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
I’m not mocking the business, it looks like a nice little business, I’m mocking your secrecy as if you were some sort of fifth column leader when in actual fact you design shirts.*.

Thanks. I appreciate what you are saying about the secrecy but I don't just design tees. Im an artist - paper gets boring.

WOW! How did you find out about my super secret website Mr Bond? Damn! You looked at my post history didn’t you, you dastardly genius you!

My 007 status has been blown away! I checked your profile - it was a post you put up.

I have no inclination to 'check you out'

I was asking sincerely about your site as I know the ball ache of getting sites up and running and the reward when they are done. The site looked like it had died that's all. I may disagree with you in this thread and we will probably never share a drink but it doesn't mean I wouldn't help you out.

My wife and I disagree on many things but it doesn't mean I wouldn't help her make the bed!

As far as the debate goes, I believe that we know very little about what information the secret services are actually privy to. I just think that with all of this information out there I find it hard to believe that they would not take advantage of it and create a mainframe that draws in from the several sources of all the data we have spoken about in order to create a composite for everyone.

The data is there, the technology is there, the facilities are there, the personnel are there and the motive is there.

If they haven't done it already then they really are stupid and incompetent and not very dangerous at all.

I do not trust the law to defend us against these possiblities.

*By the way I’ll be expecting royalties for the grenade briefs idea. You know my address. Actually just stick the money straight into my account, I’m sure your comrades can give you the details if you bung them a fiver.

Yeah. I had a look at your account and you have more than enough!

In fact I took a fiver out to recoup the cost of taking a look!

[edit on 9/2/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

As to why they would want it, let's just assume for a moment that the secret service has a main database comprised of DNA, personal details, tele communications and internet activity for each person using data drawn in from medical records, local council information, credit applications, telephone companies and ISP's,.

One possible way to reinforce in the mind of the public the 'fact' that the government do not have this capability would be with false flag style court cases with the government asking for access and MSM announcements of the government proposing new DNA and travel databases and the like.

This would be enough to convince the public that the government do not have access to this information and do not have these databases:

"if the government had access to this information then why are they going to court"

"they do not have these databases - they are only proposing to have them"

As mentioned in my last post, if the government wanted total control then I believe that they already have it. The capablility to do it has been there for decades. It is only a matter of linking medical records, local council information, credit applications, telephone companies and ISP's to a single point of reference.

These data sources are there and have been there for decades.

Is it really too much of a stretch of the imagination that believe that it has already happened.

Personally, I do not think so.

[edit on 9/2/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

i would doubt that they have it on everybody, and that is what they probably want , it is quite a task to keep records of everything on 60+ million people without some kind of outside knowledge, but i think you are part right, but i'm still not letting them have what they want without a fight

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

here is why i would seriously fear this ( although im not a UK citizen) there is similar crap going on in the US.

speaking of a RFID chip or card that can be used for all your information DNA, medical, ect. you can also use the RFID's like credit cards. so we are now assuming the government is in control of your chips serial number. now lets assume you may not care for the government to much and are a known protester, you cause the government a headache, they could just turn the chip off. not only that they can track you 24/7. but the real fear is this
in the end you are giving the government more power,( a govt that you admitted is corrupt mind you) and history has shown us that the more powerful a government the more it will exercise its force over its own people. this is potentially limitless, total control doesn't take place over night. the holocaust is the perfect example, first it started with blaming them, then they had to wear the star, then things took a really bad turn. it is a systematic approach to total control that happens slowly and by the time anyone realizes what they have lost, they no longer have the right to do anything about it. its this total control that every government has tryed to do at one time or another through various means. i dont know what the general view of being chipped in the UK is, but here people are outraged. i hope ive answered your question. sorry to see things going so badly in the UK as well, its like the US and the UK are racing to see who can get the most screwed up the quickest.

<< 1  2   >>

join