It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New wireless technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong section, should be in Science & Technology.

Just a question, feel free to call me an idiot if you like.
Question: If HAARP can communicate with submarines at sea, wouldn't it be able to be used as a new form of wireless cellular-phone technology?
Shouldn't the telecoms be fighting for frequency rights?
Seems like there would be a lot of money to be saved if you didn't need to pay for satellites to route your cell-phone signal from.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by jcspock]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcspock If HAARP can communicate with submarines at sea, wouldn't it be able to be used as a new form of wireless cellular-phone technology?
Because HAARP is a ULF (Ultra-Low-Frequency) band, where a 1/4 wavelength vertical antenna (typical for virticals) would be over 150 feet in lenght. That would be rather difficult to tote around coming out the end of your cell phone. Not to mention that circuitry needed to create radio waves in that range is also rather large.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcspock
Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong section, should be in Science & Technology.

Just a question, feel free to call me an idiot if you like.
Question: If HAARP can communicate with submarines at sea, wouldn't it be able to be used as a new form of wireless cellular-phone technology?
Shouldn't the telecoms be fighting for frequency rights?
Seems like there would be a lot of money to be saved if you didn't need to pay for satellites to route your cell-phone signal from.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by jcspock]

Haarp is not used for wireless communications!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You may want to look into UWB - Ultra Wideband wireless tech. It's supposed to have all the advantages of bluetooth and Wi Fi. Low power, super high bandwidth.

It won't come out for a year or so, but they already have patents on it, like determining distance from a transmitter source. You can do this with WiFi and Bluetooth, but it's very poor. UWB promises much clearer results... so if you have this tech in your new laptops and cell phones, just think about how easy it is to pinpoint your location from the locator UWB station.

www.multispectral.com...

EDIT- Also see: www.uwb.org...

So, given companies like Vonage and the like, you won't need satellites with tech like this.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
May I suggest another point of view on wireless:

www.nathanstubblefield.com...

I do have others!

join