It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctedness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There has been a trend for some decades now known as being politically correct. This trend disturbs me because of the long-term effects this will inexorably produce: a silent, and gray world.

I see a time coming when few will dare to speak their hearts for fear of being labeled a terrorist, or some other type of criminal,when few would dare to speak of what they believe for fear of arrest, imprisonment, or worse.

I see this as a silent, unconscious conspiracy foisted upon ourselves by ourselves, with a little help from our friends TPTB. Personally, I would rather the person harboring hate in his or her heart to expose themselves in print or in speech, then I at least know where they stand. At best, they are engaged in dialogue, which is a damn sight better than acting out a plot because they were ignored.

Who knows? By talking to someone who is perceived to have a harmful agenda, we may change an opinion, or a viewpoint, and prevent what they may be accused of in the first place. By silencing people who want to vent, we may be complicit in tragedy.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Few will be willing to use scientific data to support their cases or to express their political opinions for fear of being a heretic, I think we are approaching it already.

During the superbowl we had commercials about how great high fructose corn syrup maybe for us and then a wild conspiracy joke video with Alec Baldwin making fun of people that question the value of TV by making it seem they believe in conspiracy theories.

join