It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French revolutionaries launch new party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

French revolutionaries launch new party

www.expatica.com

"I want a revolutionary transformation of society," Besancenot declared to a crowd of several hundred new party members, many of them drawn from his former party, the Communist Revolutionary League (LCR), disbanded the night before.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
mrzine.monthlyreview.org

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

At 34, Besancenot is already a veteran of France's small but resilient far left movement and its most high-profile flagbearer, an accomplished television performer who won 4.1 percent of the vote in the 2007 presidential election.

As delegates gathered at Friday's conference, his books were arrayed on stalls alongside left wing writers of much longer pedigree, such as Karl Marx, Rosa Luxembourg, Vladimir Lenin, Leon Trotsky and Noam Chomsky.

The new party is looking forward, however, keen to seize the moment as job losses and fraud and incompetence on the global financial markets undermine the image of market capitalism and encourage some to seek radical solutions.

Hasta Siempre, Olivier !

"We need a new May '68 to stop them," he declared, referring to the protests that eventually led to the fall of General Charles de Gaulle's government.

www.expatica.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Rigel]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Exciting! I keep talking about initiative like that, but the old timers that I mention it to always keep saying "you'll never get a revolution like that... people are too content".

Capitalism has turned ordinary healthy societies into consuming mindless blobs that serve no purpose other than choosing which lie we believe in from the hands of governments.

We need people like this gentleman here! Turn off your flatscreen tv... turn off your xboxs and playstations, and get off the couch and let's get out there and say no to these people who "represent" us!

[edit on 7/2/09 by flice]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Well if at least the frenchs could kick the globalists/zionists out of their country it would be great... but won't hold my breath... Israel is really entrenched in France. REALLY ENTRENCHED... because of WW2. And I'm not in the whole ``zionists control everything`` crowd.

You can't critic Israel in France. Some people did it, that destroyed their career, they had death threats, lawsuits, got beaten... some example... Dieudonné.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

join