It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

names addresses dutch pedofiles published online

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here is an article i found on a dutch major news website.

Namen en adressen pedofielen online

I will try to translate this little article from dutch to english because i think it might be of interest to some on the board here.

Names and addresses pedofiles online.

The data of convicted dutch pedofiles are beeing published on an american website.
Published on the website are their pictures, names and adresses.
The dutch non profit organisation Stop Kindersex (stop childsex) is the starter of this initiative.

On the website of the organisation (Stop Kindersex) you can find the link to the Amerikaanse site that is published in the US to avoid privacy laws in the netherlands.
The founder of the recent pedofile political party PNVD is published with name and picture to.

The dutch ministry of justice said that they are not happy with this situation and said that whomever is published on the site can send in an official complaint.

source

These things become more and more of a trend in our digital media world.
Some shop keepers in the netherlands started publishing pictures of shoplifters and shop robbers but this is new again.

Publishing the pictures and personalia of convicted pedofiles for the whole world to see.

Any thoughts on this from other places in the world ?

Link to the american site

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Very good idea to put these "people" on the internet! Privacy my ass! They should stay away from the children, otherwise they should be cut off the penis!
I'm a dutch woman and I support this! Thank you!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Why try and /or convict someone who broke the law, if after serving the punishment this person will (and can) be convicted an punished all over again by private persons who don't understand the social concept of law?? And who by the way get away with this unpunished until now? Bottom line: can we send our judges home and close our jails??

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

You started the thread...what are your thoughts..?

Then, I'll chime in...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I don't have to hear your thoughts. Hang em up by the balls. Sick bastards.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Zenagain]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Star for you dude...

I hear ya' Lima Charlie...

To the Op:

Since day one I have appreciated the ability to go online and see just where these a$$holes live...

And guess what, there's about 5 of 'em in a 2 mile radius around our house...

I don't have kids yet, but when that day comes I will make sure to check the site on a regular basis...

Sometimes technology comes thru...

mmarrg ited!

[edit on 2/7/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
How many people are falsely accused of a crime each year...?

What if vigilantes go aorund and 'get rid' of this problem, only to find out...three, two heck EVEN one of the people they killed was actually innocent.

Innocent people have been put to death before, anyone who thinks there arn't people falsely accused of being paedophiles is being a bit ignorant.

I just err on the side of caution that innocent people are going to get hurt because of this....

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
About time something is be done about this pedofiles issue..They're to often be seen as so called "victims" when the kids are having a life sentence cause of the people who think it's right to touch a kid just for their own needs..
If they didn't want to be made public they shouldn't have messed with kids to start off with. So WTG for the founder who found a way to get around dutch privacy laws..Keep up the good job..To many convicted pedofiles in holland who get out and get a job in a day care centre or as a genator in a school with kids between 5 and 12 years old.

A dutch parent

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I agree -EXPOSE THEM!

There must be a hall of shame for these perverts.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Maybe they know about the cool spot to pick up chicks. That could be pretty handy.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
On one hand, I agree with this action. And more.

But, then this other part of me thinks of all the times people are wrongfully accused and/or convicted of crimes. That scares the heck out of me.

Could you imagine the literal HELL of being innocent of one of these crimes, and ending up in this situation.

The whole thing is a nightmare.

I am an advocate of the death penalty, and of strict laws when children are involved. But, in my opinion, it almost seems like there should be a very strong, specialized process involved in the investigation and conviction process. More than in other crimes.

With something like this, there should be no room for error. This is definitely a life-for-a-life punishment, even though it does not call for the death of a criminal.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Seeing this puts me in mind on something I found out a bit ago, namely that if you pick up a chick at a random bar, take her home or to a hotel room, and sleep with her, and then later it turns out she was below 18, you are labeled a pedophile.
Did not know before hand? No, but it still counts.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
With initiatives like this who needs judges?
I mean, if these people have been convicted then i presume they have had their punishment. And if not, then please let a judge rule and don't let private persons take the law into their own hands. What if everybody who had a problem with some matter or other would do this?

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Quite a difficould subject i find.
On one hand you would like to punish these people as hard as you can.
On the other hand, they have beem convicted and done their time for it according to the laws that we have choosen in a "democratic" way.

This way we might be punishing people for the rest of their lives even after they have done their time for it.
Here in the netherlands people get punished and jailed in a system where they try to get every body back into society in a "normal" way.
The idea behind this is that it is inhuman to punish some one for the rest of their lives so you try to get them into a program of rehabilitation.

For me it is easy enough to think in this "fair" way, if i had children that would have been aussaulted by one of these people i might think a whole lot less "fair" and i would consider taking the laws in my own hands to maybe.

An other point, who checks if these people published on the site are the actual people who commited these crimes, maybe by some error pictures of inocent people get published, they could be haunted by it for the rest of their lives.

With an obvious exampe of child molesters it is not hard to get the public behind you for an initiative like this.
But what if it is a "succes" and it spreads out to all kinds of smaller crimes, could it not become a bit medieval where we chain people in the center of the village so every one can trow stuff and insults at them.

"Hang them up high on a tree" is maybe not the solution because before we know it we might have as many public executions as china has on a yearly basis for all sorts of things.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Seeing this puts me in mind on something I found out a bit ago, namely that if you pick up a chick at a random bar, take her home or to a hotel room, and sleep with her, and then later it turns out she was below 18, you are labeled a pedophile.
Did not know before hand? No, but it still counts.

In most cases you should be able to see if some one is bordering the legal age, but i am sure that there is some confusion from time to time.
or as an other exapmple, some guy of 18 might pick up a girl that is just not 18.

They could be convicted as pedofiles and end up on a website like this for the rest of their lives.
I think the there are many dangers in a system like that.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The problem with showing addresses is not the fact that it's a danger to the pedos, but more of a danger to those who are tempted to have their own justice against them, and thus getting convicted for attacking the pedos.
Basically it's an open letter for problems. But then again it also helps notify the people. So it's a dilemma really.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SumnerKagan
On one hand, I agree with this action. And more.

But, then this other part of me thinks of all the times people are wrongfully accused and/or convicted of crimes. That scares the heck out of me.

Could you imagine the literal HELL of being innocent of one of these crimes, and ending up in this situation.

The whole thing is a nightmare.

That would be hell.....

Not only that, but what if they decide to do similar things with more minor crimes? Will this be a limit, or will they want to do more?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Actually I think this is a very bad idea. We're barely grown out of the middle ages and then some people want to put mankind back in again ? By putting these people on display you do not solve anything. You make things only worse with these kinds of actions. Instead of making sure these people do not do these horrible things again, by displaying them you are placing them in social isolation, which definitively will trigger them to do those horrible things again! Therefore this site will be responsible for future horrible acts of some of these people...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the names and addresses of those who are convicted of sex crimes are circulated throughout neighborhoods, but those convicted of armed robbery, murder, assault or burglary could live next door with no problem.

Should we move forward with informing entire neighborhoods of any criminals who move in?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join