It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer: Man who froze to death left $600,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Lawyer: Man who froze to death left $600,000

www.msnbc.msn.com

BAY CITY, Mich - An attorney says a 93-year-old Michigan man who froze to death after a power company restricted electricity to his home over roughly $1,000 in unpaid bills left an estimated $600,000 to a hospital.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The money was very likely meant to be spent on cryonic research.
www.cryonics.org...

There is also chance that the 93 year-old man mixed up "cold" with "old": I'm getting soooo old and there is nothing I can do about it.

Or is there any rational explanation to the event?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
There is also chance that the 93 year-old man mixed up "cold" with "old": I'm getting soooo old and there is nothing I can do about it.

What? Please tell me you aren't making a joke out of this poor man's untimely death?

I really do hope not.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Untimely? Dude was 93! That's pretty damn timely to me

Great find, Very odd circumstances here. Wonder what more we will hear of this.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by stander

What? Please tell me you aren't making a joke out of this poor man's untimely death?

I really do hope not.

Poor man?
I see that those so much talked about billions upon billions bailouts have dwarfed $600,000 into lose change.

Untimely death?
It was a miracle that the weird penny pincher lived up to 93.

My guess that he became mentally impaired when he decided not to use some of the $600,000 to pay his electricity bill and freeze to death instead. Another guess of mine is that he didn't become mentally impaired, because he didn't freeze to death but died of natural causes. When you are inside the house wrapped into blankets, there is no way that you freeze to death. Another guess is that he became mentally impaired due to his advanced age, didn't bundle up and froze to death.
The possibilities are endless: cold and old, heat and eat, brain and rain . . . can't afford to swim.

top topics

join