It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No God? Bus Posters Battle It Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

No God? Bus Posters Battle It Out

news.sky.com

A British Christian group is running a poster campaign on London buses to counter an atheist advertising blitz which claimed there was no God.

The atheist campaign slogans said: "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life".

The adverts ran on the side of 800 buses across the country, as well as 1,000 posters in London's Underground trains.

In response the Trinitarian Bible Society is now splashing a religious verse and details on how to obtain a bible across 183 buses in London.

It is costing the society £35,000 and they are willing to spend more.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
All aboard the atheist bus campaign
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well this was kind of inevitable!

I wonder if this is going to turn into a battle to see who gets (can afford) the last word.

Are we going to see every available space taken up with Christian and Atheist slogans......sheesh!

I also wonder how serious this could get and what reprisals there may be...we've already had a Christian bus driver refusing to drive a bus with an Atheist slogan on it, will there be an Atheist driver refusing to drive one with a Christian slogan....personally, I think not. Please don't chastise me for thinking that, it's just a personal opinion.

At the end of the day the Christian promotion is basically doing what they've done for years but now they have a new reason.

What a novelty for them eh!

nerb...."there probably is no ATS"
it's ALL a dream.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/2/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think ATS should gather some money up and make some bus posters saying: I for one welcome our new alien overlords. Now Enjoy life.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Yeah, if we had a whip-round we could afford a few bus posters.

How about: "They've been here for ages...watch the skies"

This whole Christian/Atheist thing is silly and shouldn't be taken seriously....from BOTH sides.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's a damn BUS! What is wrong with these people.... I just want to get on the bus and go to my destination.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Everyone knows the atheists won long ago in Britain. This is obvious by the fact that many churches were sold off and are now houses and flats, and those that remain have very few people going, most of those who do go are waiting to die, and decided they ought to start going just in case there is any truth in it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by intriguedUK

I don't know about that, I think it's more a case of the churches not winning.

Most of the "unconverted" are labelled atheists as a way of expressing dissappointment from the religious side I think. They were never battling against the church to begin with.

I know what you mean about the church buildings too. I've always respected the church-goers for the art and archetecture but sadly not for the reasons those beautiful things came about.

Cheers for the "stuff" all you believers!

And here in France most towns and villages have empty churches.....sign of the times.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Here ya go mate....

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by nerbot

Here ya go mate....

10 feet tall and flourescent eh!

[edit on 6/2/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Well, i can envision that banner on the side of a bus...can't you

We definitely need our own.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

That is absolutely brilliaint, am laughing soooooo hard
:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Sorry mate, you missed it by a few hours.

Please direct your comments to this ongoing Thread (posted on Thu Feb 5 2009 @ 02:31 PM )

'There definitely is a God': Christians hit back at atheist buses with own adverts

--------- Thread closed -------------

new topics

top topics

join