It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoe thrown at Israel's ambassador in Stockholm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Shoe thrown at Israel's ambassador in Stockholm

www.thelocal.se

“Two of the spectators suddenly began throwing objects at the ambassador. It was a shoe and one or several books. One of the objects did hit the ambassador,” said police spokesperson Bengt Hellström to the TT news agency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Admin Edit: Please see this thread for guidelines regarding how to submit breaking news, specifically "Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field.

[edit on Thu, Feb 5th 2009 by Djarums]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Awesome!! But no doubt they'll have a worse punishment than the guy who threw the shoe at Bush. I like the shoe-throwing protest, it's funny and it definitely gets the point across. It happened at a lecture he was giving about the upcoming elections. I wonder if it was the same ambassador that talked about war with Iran?

www.thelocal.se
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
OMG !!! YYYYYEEESSSS one of those damn shoes finally managed to hit somebody but sadly those people will be locked away now also i wouldnt be surprised if since there has been an increase in this kinda thing that anyoine else who is caught throwing shoes will get an automatic sentence which is stupid but it wouldnt surprise me one bit

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I guess he didn't have the mad shoe-dodging skillz that Bush had.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Daggamit! No video. I want to know if it was a plunking hit or a glancing blow.

This shoe thing is hilarious. I can just see vip security staff having international meetings deciding whether to ban shoes at important events.

A few weeks ago I saw on tv a demo outside the White House with demonstrators carrying a giant shoe for Bush. It cracked me up.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

I can wait for the first shoe throwing event at a football match. I wonder what is more painful, loafers or stilettos?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yea it really is funny. I wish it had hit Bush that video would've been so much better. But those Israeli ambassadors hate being on film if you know what I mean. Imagine how much trouble those people are probably in, for throwing shoes!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think these would be perfect for maximum damage & impact:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Soon we will see shoe protests in the streets.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
OMG HAHA about time someone did

shoe revolution anyone?

haha now this made my day

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
FINALLY a shoe thrower with aim!!!

I am definitely up for seeing the youtube of this.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What brand shoes were they though?
The person might be trying to get some brand name shoes into the spotlight for some advertising deal for cash.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I believe this shoe throwing thing is gona take off! Good aim! I hope the guy dosen't get in too much trouble. Anyone know the laws in Sweden?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

A shoe thrower with aim? The guy that threw the shoe at BUSH was dead-on with his accuracy. Hard to believe it but Bush actually has got some pretty decent reflexes. I love that video, I hate Bush but I love how quick he reacted there.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA!!

Can't say Bush didn't give us anything good now, the new weapon of protests...THE SHOE!

This is seriously priceless, can't wait to hear more about these things, hopefully soon one of the shoes hits someone on the forehead!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yep all fun and games until someone wings one at Obama, right?

I personally find it not only disrespectful to the speaker, but it shows that the protester hasn't the ability to present his opposition in any other form than spectacle.

What I would like to see is how fast one of these guys run if the speaker jumps down to his level to give him an old fashioned butt kicking.

Oh, who am I kidding? None of those speakers have the stones to be a two-fisted dispenser of consequences to those that would publicly call them out.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
lol 3rd time lucky1!!

hahaha what a funny thread

omg someone said in another thread "i think shops should sell shoes in threes" LOL

sorry but like i said befor SHOE AND flagged LOL

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I find the throw shoe protest so hilarious! I hope that guy got a copyright! What a way to show our frustration with these weasels! PS I am not for anyone getting seriously injured and I know there is a chance that could happen. But man

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Call me what you want, but their are many nicer ways to show your anger toward a politician. I can't wait for the day that one of these shoe throwing clowns is shot. Maybe then they will understand the message of possible bodily harm.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes but they could find better things to throw you know like ummm, used diapers out of the bin, bags full of dog poop, A HAND GRENADE!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join