It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Beach Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The Long Beach Airport (california) website has pulled it's daily activity report.
The daily activity report was a useful tool as it listed Noise Violations by plane. Military aircraft are very loud so they would often, if not all the time show up in the daily activity report. The report had over a years worth of activity logged, broken down by date, time, type of aircraft, (even the planes nick names), decibel level, and runway.

Example:
F18 "shredder1"
F18 "shredder2"
F18 "shredder3"

I won't go into specific details right now, but my suspicion is that this is an effort to keep things secret. The report had stopped being updated around november of last year. They did manage to update the entire web site not long ago, however, once it was updated, they actually took a few things off the report that had previously been logged, strange, now its completely gone altogether. The only thing that's left are the monthly reports and they do not give a specific breakdown like the daily report.

Check out the 2 screenshots.
Noticed some unusual activity the morning i took this screenshot, if you click on the image and zoom in you will notice that all the times before 1pm are missing. The times are listed now, but i did a replay at various times in the morning for ten minutes at the beginning of each hour (9:00a.m, 10:00a.m, 11:00am) I did not see any planes.

Look at this one, 3 planes with the same tail number.

If you live around this area be alert, do not draw attention to yourself.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lopro
If you live around this area be alert, do not draw attention to yourself.

... or what? airplanes will take off?

seriously, though, is there any particular reason we should be worried about this?

join