It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen pop star reveals secret sex-change surgery

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I cherish my womanhood and I can only imagine how could it be to be in a male body feeling like a woman.

I dont cherish my womanhood. Periods are a pain in the butt.

But I am still glad I was born a female. If I had been born a male, (assuming the same sexual preference and just a different body) I would have been a gay male and those guys have to put up with way too much crap.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

By no means to i condemn her right to do so, i just think there should have been a little more time and tought put into this. I mean even for her career, how well will a transgender pop star do in Germany?

This is about this girl's happiness, now she may be fine now, but what if in 4 years she decides she was not happy, and should have remained the way she was. What she's doin is permanent.

ALL TG's usually must live the desired lifestyle 1 year minimum before you can start testosterone or get any sort of pre-op surgery. Now i'm assuming she hasn't been doing that since she was 14.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
From what I understand, the psychological testing, hormone therapy and the required living out as the opposite sex before the actual surgery precludes this from being a publicity stunt. Though if it appears that way, it's simply the old adage playing out: There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Besides, as Illusionsaregrander said, we all start out female so what's the big deal of wanting to go back. Though for me personally, it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That's why I say we can't judge her specifically as we do not know her personally.

BTW I think it is a very small margine of people who undergo sex change surgeries and then regret it later.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

But in all seriouness, 16 IS NOT old enough to know that you want to change your body for the rest of your life. This could be a simple case of Identity Crisis created by stress from this girls' career.

There is a whole school of thought that says that catching this before puberty spares them a world of mental agony as the changes in the body at puberty can be very traumatic to them and some are irreversible if not prevented.

(The Adams apple, facial hair, the voice changes, breast development in the f2m)

I have heard lots of people say, "what if they change their mind" but really now, how many of you wanted to be a member of the opposite gender for years on end as a child?

I was and still am as big a tomboy as it is possible to be and I never did not want to be a female. I wanted to be exactly what I was. A girl who did whatever she wanted to do and didnt wear dresses. I was jealous of some of the things boys could do, (easier to pee in the woods) but I never wanted to be one.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Son Of Liberty

Doubt it.. she started the therapy when she was 12.. essentially she was all female except for the uh ... downstairs.
Surgery, a lil snip snip here and such, and all is taken care of.

I don't think anyone knew she was a guy?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

For the record, I am not judging her or anyone who wishes to do this. I just feel thet it should be taken VERY seriously after alot of counciling. Especially for someone of this age.

According to the article the legal age in germany is 18.

Under German law, sex change surgery isn't allowed until a person turns 18 but Petras convinced doctors when she was 12 that she should have the operation.

"Tim" had convinced the psychologists that this was the right thing. Another 2 years of assement may or may not have made a difference, but legally they should have waited if nothing else.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

This may or may not be you but your post makes me think of it. I have notices something like a subculture of a subculture growing lately, of people who feel that they are either both sexes at ones or neither. That is mentally, not physically. This, I think, is how I would class myself.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

OK thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Wow thats really messed up in way. But if she's been in this process for 4 years, then yes i could say she has made up her mind and this is what will make her happy.

Kudos to her for having the nads (no pun intended) to go through with something this epic so young.

I retract my previous judgement.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I just think of myself as a "person." I have long hair, and I have a feminine face, but I am 5'10" and strong as an ox and worked in construction and love science and philosophy.

My sexual preference is for men, and so in that regard I am glad I was born female, but thats the only reason my gender matters to me at all. It matches my sexual preference and thus makes my life easier socially.

The way I think and the things I like often are identified by others as more "male" but I dont think of it that way at all. I know lots of heterosexual men who care an awful lot about fashion, and feelings, and stuff that is considered "female."

I think the conventional labels for what is "male" and "female" in terms of thinking, preferences, and behavior is far too limited. In truth, there is a whole range of thinking styles and the lines just arent that clear cut.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

See. To me that is the right way of thinking. Why mess with what God gave us. It was obviously for a reason.
I know this is the wrong place to admit this, but I confess that I am somewhat 'ignorant' on this matter, but from what I do know it is still wrong but I do respect those that make this choice.

I have a cousin that when she was born could have gone either way and her parents made the choice based on the apparent dominant features. They regretted it for a ling time and she has gone through hell with surgeries and other personal matters for years.

As you can tell she grew up female but has a strong liking for sports, is not masculine as such, but not 'girley' and her orientation is towards females, even though she has had a number of boyfriends in her time.

That said, she is more than happy to stay female and has never considered changing.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
It is one thing if he was born hemaphroditic and a choice had to be made, but to have had to convince psychologists that he needed the surgery is just wrong by my books.

Being hermaphroditic does not necessarily mean you have to choose to have surgery Vik. My understanding is that it’s rather rare for them to have surgery.

-----------------------------------

That photo is really very impressive. No one would ever know, huh? Except for the publicity thing of course. The fact that she started hormone replacement at age 12 probably accounts for that. I hope that she doesn’t suffer any ill effects by having the surgery and hormone therapy so young. Quite a test case here, and in the public eye.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Being hermaphroditic does not necessarily mean you have to choose to have surgery Vik. My understanding is that it’s rather rare for them to have surgery.

This is very true, but it is a situation where the surgery would without hesitation be deemed waranted. As opposed to "I feel like I am living the wrong life"

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leto
Male-to-female sex change operation requires the amputation of the penis, so I'd say this isn't a publicity stunt.

Actually, I believe it is sliced down the middle and pushed back into the body to construct a vagina. There is no removal of any organs, including prostate.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The myth of sex change, transgenderism is another manifestation of how humanity is continuing to slowly flush itself down the pan ably assisted by technology (not science).

Tim is still Tim, only now with an inverted penis. He has not been given female sexual organs, he has had his male organs mutilated to satisfy some abherent desire which he might have been encouraged to bare as his particular burden in life rather than this nonsense of "sex change" operations.

Pumping him full of hormones I'm sure helped the physical transformation, and will continue to as he spends the rest of his life taking them to maintain the illusion.

It is disturbing that so many leap forward to congratulate him, and others, on their self-mutilation.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Oz is correct, being that I researched this same stuff near the age of about 15 with the same thought of changing on my mind I had to go through most of this just to see if it was right. For the most part they slice down the penis member and begin to fold it aside, and try their best to reconstruct what the vaginal opening would look like. For the most part quite a few male-to-females don't really want to go this route after a certain age, as they seem to really be attached to it. Though many that do get the surgery the post-ops such as this girl. Tend to want to be more feminine and are really desire to be as much as a female as humanly possible.

For the most part if she started at 12 that seems perfectly normal. When the world starts to act towards you as a boy and yet you act as a girl something perhaps is wrong. The world may see you as a boy, but for the most part you see yourself as a girl and want to change that outlook of the world to being a boy. Though getting the operation at 16 I don't really know what to say, but I will just say a congrats I suppose? To her

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
And when I said mental disorder I meant it in the context of, this is not something that they can choose to stop, just like it would be absurd to tell an autistic or clinically retarded child to "just act normal."

Hasn't stopped people from telling me to act normal...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

Trust me when I say it is not the best feeling in the world when you look at your body in the mirror and sigh hoping to one day wake up female. The amount of turmoil one has to go through to make themselves "Right" in the sense of becoming female is enough scrutiny to make many of them kill themselves which they do. Not only that but a lot more that I will refrain from saying, because quite a bit of it can be just...graphic.

For the most part it is not horrible, it is just someone willing to try and become what they've always saw themselves to be, but no one else seemed to. Hormones do indeed help and it's not really a penis anymore as it really does not function as one normally would (Going erect and all of that). Pretty much doesn't even matter if she has the sexual organs or not, I'm sure she is just as happy losing the lower organ than being able to go through the process of having it. Also many people say the world is over-populated, well just think of this person as one who will help keep the world from being too overpopulated

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PoisonousPoison

I starred you for that because what a thoroughly pleasant and reasonable reply to what I said. Thank you.

I understand that there are many psychological and social traumas associated with the perception that one has been born with the wrong body. However, I hold that these would be better treated with appropriate counselling and support rather than "cementing" the misaprehension by the mutilation of the body. It seems to be a medical fix for a more deep seated psychological condition.

It is a very cruel world and the way people treat others who are physically different, or, who feel different is often appalling. Would that it were otherwise and hopefully it might one day be but the technical fix of these surgeries is a material solution for the patient and for society.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join