It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: Member Upload Space Domain/Path Changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
All members should be aware that there have been some changes to the file paths of the upload space.

The old domain for uploads via the member center upload tool:
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/_____

The NEW domain for uploads via the member center upload tool:
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/uploads/_____

As you upload files, please make sure you note the new path information. You won't need to worry about any alterations to old posts with previously uploaded files, we're taking care of that on this end.

The new domain for these member uploads is the first in our series of changes as we move from CacheFly to a higher performance Content Delivery Network (CDN) as we prepare for our new media sharing site.

Once the new site is fully functional, the old upload tool in the member center will be phased out.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A good sign of progress. Hope this pace continues till the end of the upgrade.

[edit on February 4th, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

thanks for the heads up

always great to see progress on ATS

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Oh lord. I have no freak'n idea what any of that means.

Gawd I'm old ... And the computer stuff just doesn't stick in my brain.
I'll just wait and see what happens I guess ...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Oh lord. I have no freak'n idea what any of that means.

Gawd I'm old ... And the computer stuff just doesn't stick in my brain.
I'll just wait and see what happens I guess ...

It depends on how the new file upload tool works. If it is setup similar to the old one...you will just copy and past the file path for the picture you are trying to upload same as before and wont have to remember the actual file path. If it is different then they will probably have a tutorial thread for everyone. They are very good about that stuff.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Are you sure we do not need to change the path files of exisiting images. I just went to the thread where I last loaded an ats/cahcefly image and it is now going to an external source.

Here, check it out. It is a BTS post (wryly) but you can see how the integrity of the post is compromised by having to click to an external image.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Test

Seems to be working like the old one...just copy and paste the same as before.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 2/4/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
nice, and about time the current upload area is naff tastic, while you're at it can you please sort out a link on the threads that takes me to my last comment, ploughing through the pages is annoying.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Do you mean a button like the one that says "thread" at the bottom of every post?

Edited to add: it does not take you to the last comment, it shows all your posts on that thread.

On topic, I do not use ATS to store my files (just a few cases), so I will not see any difference, but I noticed that accessing the Member Upload Space from BTS does not work.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt

Are you sure we do not need to change the path files of exisiting images. I just went to the thread where I last loaded an ats/cahcefly image and it is now going to an external source.

Here, check it out. It is a BTS post (wryly) but you can see how the integrity of the post is compromised by having to click to an external image.

Skeptic Overlord, I checked one of my threads and my images are also now "external image" hyperlinks. Can you allow us to edit our original Opening Post to change the upload name path? Or are you guys going to do that over time?
Just like TheWayISeeIt said, our posts don't look good without the actual pictures in the O.P.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
Skeptic Overlord, I checked one of my threads and my images are also now "external image" hyperlinks. Can you allow us to edit our original Opening Post to change the upload name path? Or are you guys going to do that over time?
Just like TheWayISeeIt said, our posts don't look good without the actual pictures in the O.P.

Me too...what's the score?

I imagine the lack of S.O. posting here means he's busy sorting it already.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I imagine the lack of S.O. posting here means he's busy sorting it already.

Or maybe not.....

Well, all my old posts will just have to look crap and be filled with bright red text....

"external image" blah, blah...

top topics

join