It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight of the Conchords

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I found this hbo show a few weeks ago and I look forward to watching it every week now. My teenage kids think it's the dumbest thing ever, but man, I think it's pretty funny.

Those accents take a bit to get used to, like I thought Bret was Brit for awhile. I'm finding most US tv is so stale, so this is a nice change.

If you haven't seen it yet, youtube has some of their stuff.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I swear im the only kiwi that thinks they aint funny.If you like that show though get a movie called shark vs eagle.One of the dudes from conchords wrote and stars in it, again i didnt think it was that funny but its better than the show.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I think they're hilarious. I discovered them during a special "One Night Stand" for HBO. This was before they got the TV show, and the songs they performed eventually made it into the first season. "Business Time" and "Issues" were perfect during that One Night Stand special, but they lost a bit of magic when they were performed by script for the later television show. Still, they're much funnier than most of the comedy currently on TV. You can find all of the One Night Stand songs on YouTube.

I'm a fan of Arrested Development and Demetri Martin (and similarly absurd, strange comedy), and I'd place these guys along the same vein. It's definitely a love it-or-hate it type of comedy.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I love Flight of the Conchords. And Eagle vs Shark.

That's all.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Schleprock

I saw them on just for Laughs a few years ago and thought they were funny.

top topics

join