It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar base on Windows wallpaper?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Recently, I decided to select a new wallpaper for my Windows XP desktop. I found the one called "Radiance" to be the most appealing. It's the one with a brilliant photograph of the moon in partial sunlight. It's been on for a week and it wasn't until this morning that I noticed something peculiar about it.

A large crater can be seen slightly left of center of the photograph. Funny thing is, this crater has no center peak! I thought this was odd, but then I noticed two objects flanking the crater that cast long shadows. They look like giant skyscrapers! The one to the right looks for all the world like it has a square base.

If you have Windows XP, check it out. If you know Richard Hoagland, drop him a line.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Well i doubt this has anything to do with anything really but can you provide the pic? or maybe a link?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is the desktop BG the OP refers to.

Here's the bit that jumped out at me...

Check out the length of that shadow! How tall is that?

Can any moon geography wonks place this?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
the length of the crater shadow is long as well, may it have something to do with the time the pic was taken?
A bit like the long afternoon shadows.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
the length of the crater shadow is long as well, may it have something to do with the time the pic was taken?
A bit like the long afternoon shadows.

The crater in that shot is considerably well perportioned to the mountainous ridges of the crater itself. You can see its a constant height due to the shift of land from impact. The structures being referred to are far greater in length, then there is the added feature of shape, and the other feature of knowledge in that, in order to get a shot like that from such great distances, you know it has to be huge. Consider the great wall of China.

top topics

join