It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading Counter-Terrorism Expert and Former High-Level Official Slams War on Terror and Questions 9/

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I found this article in George Washington blog and thought it provoking that another high level government official is going public with his doubts. Terry E. Arnold was the number 2 counter-terrorism official at the U.S. State Department, and is one of the world's leading experts on terror.

Here is the link.

Here is a key passage in the interview:

9/11

GW: You write:

"Washington leadership [has] brought us no closer than we were on September 12, 2001 to resolving how [9/11] was executed and by what enemy.

Let's focus on the how question first.

What facts or observations make you doubt that the official government story does not fully explain how 9/11 was carried out?

Terry Arnold: The nature of events in New York. The buildings falling down. I'm not satisfied by the notion that planes hitting buildings would have caused them to collapse. The last building to fall was not even attacked.

GW: Now let's address the question of who carried out the attacks. You write:

"They tell us repeatedly that it [9/11] was the work of al Qaida, but they have yet to show us the proofs."

As a counter-terrorism expert, what sort of proofs would you expect the government to show if al Qaeda had carried out the 9/11 attacks - at least without the help of any state?

Terry Arnold: The case has not been fully made. The official story is not too persuasive.

GW: You also say:

"They told us the official version of what happened that day, but their story is laced with contradictions, and the facts visible on the ground at the time belie much of the official account."

What contradictions do you see with the official version of 9/11? And what facts belie the official account?

Terry Arnold: The sheer mechanics of the event.

GW: Are you familiar with the term "false flag terror"? Do you believe that governments every carry out false flag terror?

Terry Arnold: I know that there is such a thing as false flag terrorism.

GW: How do you know that?

Terry Arnold: From history.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

nothing to add to this OP.
star and flag for justice.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ah -
This is an Excellent read!

I have visions of truth dancing in my head.

new topics

join