It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Daschle withdrew

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Tom Daschle withdrew

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Tom Daschle withdrew Tuesday as President Barack Obama's nominee to be health and human services secretary, dealing potential blows to both speedy health care reform and Obama's hopes for a smooth start in the White House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
"Now we must move forward," Obama said in a written statement accepting "with sadness and regret" Daschle's request to be removed from consideration. A day earlier, Obama had said he "absolutely" stood by Daschle in the face of problems over back taxes and potential conflicts of interest.

Hope i am not repeating what has already been posted

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks that it's good that these people with corruption issues are leaving before they find out later on they have issues? I hope he replaces him with someone who knows things though...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Of course. Its always better to catch a crook before he takes office. That said, I have to wonder who is vetting these people...assuming that anyone is.

One thing is for certain. We've found out why the Democratic 'leadership' supports higher taxes. Apparently, they have no intention of paying theirs.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There is an already existing topic on this subject here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join