It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raytheon and 9/11? I don't see the significance...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Why does it surprise people that there were a lot of defense contractors or people otherwise involved in the military on the hijacked planes? Flight 77 flew from Northern Virginia to Southern California-probably the two areas in America with the largest number of people working in the Department of Defense or its associated industries. Flights 11 and 175 went from Boston-near Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems' headquarters in Tewksbury-to Southern California (again, lots of military people). Frankly, I would be surprised if there weren't people in the defense industry on those flights, given the origins and destination.

Yet they think this is somehow evidence of a conspiracy?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
People are just looking too hard for something. I do not see the significance.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I agree.

And those were expensive nonstop transcontinental flights anyway. It's logical that a lot of wealthy business types would be passengers.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Desucher

And just because of that you still think "Bin Laden" is real?
There were a lot more suspicious angles that point to 9/11.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

like the passenger loads?

Flight 11.......... 92 passengers.... 36% full
Flight 175........ 65 passengers..... 25 % full
Flight 77......... 64 passengers.......27% full
Flight 93......... 44 passengers.......19% full

All these flights can carry 239 passengers.... but for some reason on 9-11 the airlines chose to loose money.

It must of been a bad time in the economy in 2001.

Next time you get on a flight tell me if you have 19% occuancy on your flight.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Like what?

Please, give me examples.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
reply to post by eldard

like the passenger loads?

Flight 11.......... 92 passengers.... 36% full
Flight 175........ 65 passengers..... 25 % full
Flight 77......... 64 passengers.......27% full
Flight 93......... 44 passengers.......19% full

All these flights can carry 239 passengers.... but for some reason on 9-11 the airlines chose to loose money.

It must of been a bad time in the economy in 2001.

Next time you get on a flight tell me if you have 19% occuancy on your flight.

First off, the way the airlines arranged the seats all of them had a maximum seating of under 200 passengers, so that is wrong.

It was a Tuesday morning in the post Labor Day week. Tuesday mornings are notoriously light times to travel. And yes, fewer people were flying because of the recession.

Finally, the records for Tuesdays on each of those flights in the summer of 2001 were found, and only United 93 had a significantly lower passenger load
than normal on Tuesdays.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DesucherRaytheon and 9/11? I don't see the significance...

elementary dear chap

Raytheon makes particle beam weapons...

Beam weapon takes out building...

Court case currently in court regarding this angle...

www.drjudywood.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Judy Wood? Are you serious?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desucher

First off, the way the airlines arranged the seats all of them had a maximum seating of under 200 passengers, so that is wrong.

Do you have a link for this?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What's with the one line posts people? If you cannot participate in a discussion without the use of one-liners then the discussion is going to go nowhere.

Alone, this whole topic may seem like mere coincidence, but added with all the other evidence of 'foul play' (and there are mountains of it), then to call it just coincidence is rather far-fetched and I see it as a cop-out.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Doomsday 2029

911myths.com...

So flight 11 could only hold 158 passengers?

A Boeing 767 only held 158 passengers?

This is truth?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

reply to post by eldard

Like what?

Bush Sr.-Bin Ladin meeting:

The attack occurs. The morning of the attack George Bush Sr. is meets with members of the Carlyle Group in Washington. Bin Laden's own brother is at the meeting. Members of the Bin Laden family are allowed to leave the U.S. without questioning two days later.

www.cbc.ca...

Rehearsing 9/11:

In the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks, senior U.S. government and military officials repeatedly claimed that what happened that day was unexpected. In May 2002, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice said, "I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile." [1] Two years later, President Bush stated, "Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a massive scale." [2] General Ralph Eberhart, the commander of NORAD on September 11, said, "Regrettably, the tragic events of 9/11 were never anticipated or exercised."

Lying through their teeth:

Yet these claims were untrue. Not only had the U.S. military and other government agencies discussed the possibility of such attacks, they also conducted numerous training exercises in the year or two before September 11 based around scenarios remarkably similar to what occurred on 9/11. As John Arquilla, a professor of defense analysis at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California, said, "No one knew specifically that 20 people would hijack four airliners and use them for suicide attacks against major buildings ... but the idea of such an attack was well known [and] had been wargamed as a possibility in exercises before September 11."

www.911truth.org...

Silverstein "pulls it" with huge profits

Six months before the 9/11 attacks the World Trade Center was "privatized" by being leased to a private sector developer. The lease was purchased by the Silverstein Group for $3.2 billion. "This is a dream come true," Larry Silverstein said. "We will be in control of a prized asset, and we will seek to develop its potential, raising it to new heights."

whatreallyhappened.com...

BBC WTC 7 cock up: A sophisticated multi-billion pound organization loses their tapes of perhaps the most important day in modern history?

We no longer have the original tapes of our 9/11 coverage (for reasons of cock-up, not conspiracy). So if someone has got a recording of our output, I'd love to get hold of it. We do have the tapes for our sister channel News 24, but they don't help clear up the issue one way or another.

And my favorite, the 5 dancing Israelis.

The New York Times reported Thursday that a group of five men had set up video cameras aimed at the Twin Towers prior to the attack on Tuesday, and were seen congratulating one another afterwards.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

911myths.com...

And flight 93, A Boeing 757, could hold 182 passengers?

is this true?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

911myths.com...

So flight 11 could only hold 158 passengers?

A Boeing 767 only held 158 passengers?

This is truth?

Let's go to the source

www.aa.com.../aboutUs/ourPlanes/boeing767.jsp

Look at 767-200.

www.aa.com.../aboutUs/ourPlanes/boeing757.jsp

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

reply to post by eldard

Like what?

Bush Sr.-Bin Ladin meeting:

The attack occurs. The morning of the attack George Bush Sr. is meets with members of the Carlyle Group in Washington. Bin Laden's own brother is at the meeting. Members of the Bin Laden family are allowed to leave the U.S. without questioning two days later.

www.cbc.ca...

Rehearsing 9/11:

In the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks, senior U.S. government and military officials repeatedly claimed that what happened that day was unexpected. In May 2002, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice said, "I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile." [1] Two years later, President Bush stated, "Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a massive scale." [2] General Ralph Eberhart, the commander of NORAD on September 11, said, "Regrettably, the tragic events of 9/11 were never anticipated or exercised."

Lying through their teeth:

Yet these claims were untrue. Not only had the U.S. military and other government agencies discussed the possibility of such attacks, they also conducted numerous training exercises in the year or two before September 11 based around scenarios remarkably similar to what occurred on 9/11. As John Arquilla, a professor of defense analysis at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California, said, "No one knew specifically that 20 people would hijack four airliners and use them for suicide attacks against major buildings ... but the idea of such an attack was well known [and] had been wargamed as a possibility in exercises before September 11."

www.911truth.org...

Silverstein "pulls it" with huge profits

Six months before the 9/11 attacks the World Trade Center was "privatized" by being leased to a private sector developer. The lease was purchased by the Silverstein Group for $3.2 billion. "This is a dream come true," Larry Silverstein said. "We will be in control of a prized asset, and we will seek to develop its potential, raising it to new heights."

BBC WTC 7 cock up: A sophisticated multi-billion pound organization loses their tapes of perhaps the most important day in modern history?

We no longer have the original tapes of our 9/11 coverage (for reasons of cock-up, not conspiracy). So if someone has got a recording of our output, I'd love to get hold of it. We do have the tapes for our sister channel News 24, but they don't help clear up the issue one way or another.

And my favorite, the 5 dancing Israelis.

The New York Times reported Thursday that a group of five men had set up video cameras aimed at the Twin Towers prior to the attack on Tuesday, and were seen congratulating one another afterwards.

So you're an anti-Semite and don't believe in coincidences. Got it.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I made a new thread about this in the 9-11 forum.

I think we should take this debate there.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

So you're an anti-Semite and don't believe in coincidences. Got it.

So you don't know that Arabs are Semites too and can't read much. Got it.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Does it say somewhere over there on 911myths, somewhere in the small print that while out debunking the troofers always make sure to resort to calling them holocaust denying anti- semite jew haters???

It never ceases to amaze me how the people who debunk will always resort to insults and attacks on people who basically are looking for answers to a event that was very traumatic to everyone who went through it especially people in NY DCVA and PA not to mention everyone watching it live in the US.

Only a true pro debunker(just joined yesterday huh) would bring up the Raytheon people having something to do with 9/11. NOTE=to all reading this debunkers will always try to argue points they know are false desucher already knows that Raytheon has no significance to 9/11 , what desucher did Raytheon pack all there employees on board the jets so they could do some suicide research on how some new Raytheon technology works, please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join