It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Chinas' Wen Jiabao joining the George Bush club of having shoe thrown at him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Today while giving a talk at Cambridge Wen Jiabao had a shoe thrown at him from a protester saying something (i couldn't understand hopefully someone here can).

I find this amusing I wonder if the person was middle eastern since that is the culture where having a shoe thrown at you is so insulting, (unless someone knows better and its as insulting in Chinese culture to).

But seriously its pretty lame (be original at least). I mean I can understand the reasons lack of freedom of speech and press and information etc.... But China has come a long way its progressing albeit slowly, but still its progress.

Unless this was over the HUGE unemployment that is happening in China from the Global downturn,. I mean a peasant could have took the money from the village and bought a plane ticket to Cambridge schemed their way into the auditorium and then got some revenge by throwing a shoe at the premier, that's plausible right?

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Good thing you didn't post this on the Alternative section. That forum has been abused lately.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
great post
I'd like to post it on Chinese forum
thank you

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have tried to post it on some Chinese forums,
but those posts were deleted immediately
So you see, though China has made huge progress,
but it is still a dictatorial country

[edit on 2-2-2009 by gs001]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Yes China has very backwards and choking information laws, this will break soon though. I think through the peoples will and technology Chinese govt will have to relinquish its blackout of information.

I read somewhere that 90% of the the 100 wealthiest Chinese are the Children of Senior Govt officials, have you heard this, is there any truth to this?
I personally think its not true but not sure.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

censorship is useless, most of Chinese people knew the incident immediately through various channels.

partly ture.
things are not always black and white
beside Children of Senior Govt officials, there are many successful entrepreneurs get rich by hard work and smart management.
2008 China Rich List
I don't konw if there are "Children of Senior Govt officials" amid them

[edit on 3-2-2009 by gs001]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I hope this shoe throwing thing really takes off

It is about time that the average man/woman showed disgust at these parasites in charge of us, the people whom they serve...badly and corruptly.

We seriously need a shoe smiley

res

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gs001

I just saw a longer and more detailed version of this on CCTV (the Chinese most widely broadcasted channel).
Some websites deleted it because they did not want to cause unhappy emotions against British people.We are very sensitive at Politics.
This man sure is going to have lots of antis

new topics

top topics

join