It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Got to see This *The Attitude towards Bankers has obviously changed from 1929 to Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This is just too good. In 1929 people felt sorry for all the bankers who had jumped out their windows to their death, due to the lose of money of their clients and themselves.

It seems time has changed drastically in people's attitudes towards bankers in today's melt down.

To see, unaltered picture - go to this website: www.thechurning.com...

I LOVE IT! there is an "ers" in it.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
That is messed up. Yet you think this is 'just too good'?
I'm sure you're one of those quick to jump on how society is so morally corrupt nowadays too, right?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

I got an idea. Why don't you go start a thread celebrating and praising those wonderful bankers... and we'll see which of the two threads gets more attention?

to OP, THANKS FOR THE LAUGH.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13
I'm sure you're one of those quick to jump on how society is so morally corrupt nowadays too, right?

Elite society is morally corrupt nowadays. So you probably think that its okay that these people are getting payed not only with the interest/fees that they collect, but now with our tax money as well? That my friend is corruption at it's finest. If they cannot sustain themselves then they deserve to fail! I do not blame the general public for this at all. If they would have stuck with traditional lending practices to begin with, and not gotten so greedy, we would not be where we are today! This is the cause of the ultra greedy, ultra elite! Now we the people have to use our tax dollars, and the tax dollars of our children, and the tax dollars of their children, to pay for the mistakes of a greedy elite banking system! I say JUMP!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

i agree with the OP

i found this pic a while back and sent it to all my friends, they liked it also

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Thats the currency system for ya. Dictates our behavior based on the self preservation switch in our minds.

I agree that bankers are corrupt and deserve what karma will give them. However to tell someone to jump or commit an act of self destruction is a bit.. harsh. Don't get me wrong, If I felt so strong against someone, I would rather fight them then tell them to off themselves. Hard to explain, just seems wrong on both ends. Either way, go karma go!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
lol gotta love it...

BTW the bankers CHUCKED us out the window DID THEY Give a #??

greedy [insert any word(s) one wishes to add]

s+f

Jump!!!

oh and just on another note All watch the bankers on cspan next week lol

i got eggs ready to pelt my tv

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Bankers still get the bailout that comes out of taxpayers pocket and piles the debt on their children's children. So who's really laughing?

I'll start laughing when I see the masses actually have the power to change the status quo and not be enslaved by debt.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
yeah but its just a big joke!!!

I mean the bankers that put us in the mess we are in are the very samesmacktards!!! who tell our so called leaders what to do... its just one big pissing merry go round!!!!

we are being shafted.........

One world currency IS NEEDED!!! infact its a must.. how can we enslave the world if we dont one set of money!!

You see thats the game here we have factions of currency and we borrow off each other then play economic hit men !!

The nwo is "trying" to get there way but there is no single NWO there just all kids in the playground and trying to be top dog on the rock we call earth...

what is the value of money? gold? hmm I thought it was becouse i gott off my arafis and worked...for paper and "elecotronic money".. that the bank leds out 10fold lol

what a horrible world we live in ...

star and flagged !!! oh wait i cant dammit!!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
Thats the currency system for ya. Dictates our behavior based on the self preservation switch in our minds.

I agree that bankers are corrupt and deserve what karma will give them. However to tell someone to jump or commit an act of self destruction is a bit.. harsh. Don't get me wrong, If I felt so strong against someone, I would rather fight them then tell them to off themselves. Hard to explain, just seems wrong on both ends. Either way, go karma go!

The whole point of posting the picture, is for people to LAUGH!

In these days and times, it is nice to see something and Laugh VERY HARD over it.

I am not saying "I want them to jump" and kill themselves.

I just think it is very humorous and it shows what people think of the bankers!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

One World currency is not the solution, this will only serve to control us even more than the current system I feel. Anything to do with money is already in the control of the elite, so until we can work out a system which doesnt involve money we're screwed!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

It shows them what people think of them alright, its a pity there is nobody listening to what they think and most certainly the government is not going to act on what us lowly, stupid people think!

Funny pic all the same

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
People have a right to be pissed off at the bankers and financial system in general. You have a class of elitists who are above the law (compounded with our two-faced legal system) and they know it, that's why they do the things they do (so what if once in a while a Wall Streeter is sent up the river to make it look like Feds are keeping things under control).

I read a bunch of books written by former Wall Steet traders and bankers years ago and they said in their books (as is obvious to most people today) that the Wall Streeters are the most liberal people in the world in terms of lifestyle, combined with overblown egos and disregard for decency, ethics, and morals, regardless of their "conservative" Republican ideologies (ie. their mistresses, drugs, excessive materialism, etc.)

The Wall Streeters, in general, know that the American people will just continue to take all their B.S. and that their politicians will downplay to some extent their immorality and make excuses for them and tell the people that they're trying to limit the corruption and crack down on the system. It's all a bunch of B.S.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

The actions of Wall Street and the bankers have put the future of the economy at large at stake because of their greed.

They have controlled government policy for years, own most of Congress, and therefore get tax money to pay for their mistakes.

Their actions are less then human, and because of that, I could hardly feel sorry for them.

The OP picture is for laughs but is a reflection of how society feels.

The sign wants the bankers to jump, it doesn't call for people to kill bankers, though we should be seeing those soon.

But if the sign does make it more likely for a Wall Street fat cat to commit suicide, I could hardly care.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

No, I am not making a stand on society, what I have done is posted, what I think is a very funny picture, that people set up outside the Fed. Reserve.

That is all there is too it, to give people a laugh!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
In my opinion, a post without a touch of irony is, well....like an empty house. Without the ability to laugh at ourselves, eachother, our circumstances...the next 2-3 years could be pretty rough.

The pain is already here for many, with more to come for others. I mean....

....even Hitler got burned in the housing market.

top topics

join