It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS News celebrates Anniversary of Iranian Revolution.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
With our media quickly turning in to a left wing democrat propaganda machine, I guess it shouldn't surprise us to see this. This morning CBS took some tie to gleefully celebrate Iranians Revolution, while they downplay the meaning of the "Death to America" ritual.

Its amazing how these networks distorted and lied in order to torpedo anything Bush did, but they will give the benefit of the doubt to people who want to kill them.

newsbusters.org...

During a news brief on Monday’s CBS Early Show, correspondent Elizabeth Palmer reported on the 30th Anniversary of the 1979 Iranian Revolution: "At a musical gala, a choir sang revolutionary songs. Beneath a full-scale replica of the plane that brought Ayatollah Khomeini back to Iran from exile in 1979. On a video screen, 30-year-old scenes of jubilant crowds." Palmer continued to describe the celebration: "Nearby in the Ayatollah's tomb, the faithful shout ‘Death to America.’ But to millions, this is just ritual now. They would like to see improved relations with the United States."

Maybe not wishing America’s death would be a good start?

Palmer followed up by explaining: "Iran's leaders are still committed to the revolutionary ideals." Even Barack Obama has not been able to weaken Iranian principles: "And so far there's little sign they're in a hurry to accept the direct negotiations proposed by Obama's administration."

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Cio88]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
your funny... the "people" that want to kill us.... I know many iranians... and I can attest to them being some of the most educated nicest people in the world... Your post ranks of ignorence... I really feel bad for you...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
your funny... the "people" that want to kill us.... I know many iranians... and I can attest to them being some of the most educated nicest people in the world... Your post ranks of ignorence... I really feel bad for you...

I'm sure there are Iranians who don't buy in to it, but come on man. There is death to America propaganda all over Tehran. Its on TV, print media and on the buildings!

If there was an American city with that sort of propaganda, you would be up in arms.

Anyway, I think you missed the point of the topic.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I went to a small college with an influx of Iranian and Arab students in the late 70's. Recently, I even ran across a flyer they had produced for one of their meetings about "Death to America". Most of their hatred was toward the US government because the Shah had been a "puppet to the US government." (their words) They wanted to take control of their oil supply and destroy us back then. Actually, they hated Americans for the biggest part, but some were friendly, they were not the ones in charge of the Movement. It was around the time that people were involved in Oman and the organization or movement was P.L.A. or something to that effect.

It has never ceased. Around the time, the Murrah Building was bombed, I saw a couple of the older ones at a highway intersection. I thought they would have been gone back long ago.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by catamaran]

[edit on 5-2-2009 by catamaran]

top topics

join