It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IHC: Institute for Human Continuity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It looks like marketing for the 2012: The Movie.

I stumbled upon the website as I logged into MySpace, its advertisement spoke of surviving the cataclysm(s) of 2012 and mentioned a Survival Lottery.

I invite you to check it out with me!

The IHC: The Institute for Human Continuity.

It appears to cover three disaster scenarios: Planet X, Solar Activity, and Crustal Displacement.

The Planet X simulations show what might happen if an extra-solar body swept through our solar system and passes Earth. It mentions meteors trailing it from the Kuiper Belt, as well as a disruption of the solar winds that could cause disastrous geomagnetic storms.

Solar Activity simulations shows variations on solar flare activity, and what that bombardment could do to the ecosystem, radiation levels, and humanity.

Crustal Displacement simulations show the possibile outcomes of the effects of the Galactic Alignment and super volcanoes. This one seems to be the least destructive. Only earth-shattering earthquakes and volcanic eruptions bringing about another Ice Age.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Yeah, viral.

'How would the goverments of the world prepare 6 billion people for the end of the world? They wouldn't'

Now go to the site and see what it says when you open it.

www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org...#/home

Just a viral.

Click on 'privacy policy on the IHC site and you get www.sonypictures.com...

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw that.

I still think it's a neat website, however.

sty

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FreddyAuratus

my survival is not a lottery haha.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Probably a chance to win something.

A huge, gas-guzzling vehicle? Carbon credits?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I just saw the same thing on myspace...
So if it isnt real, I filled out the lottery ticket for nothing!! Only Kidding...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FreddyAuratus

It's pretty neat yeah, despite the doom-gloom message it relays of course.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The site is for Sony Pictures '2012' film.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The lottery is for chances to win tickets to the movie premiere events.

I wonder how many will actually think this site is real.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My guess is that the lottery is for a free ticket to one of the showings or something. Atleast that is what i'm hoping for.
In any case this looks like it has the possibility of being a good apocalypse movie and I do love a good one of those.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I knew this would happen.

Posts are already starting to crop up on this subject. (besides this one, the tamest one yet)

For some reason, people see an "official" looking website, and the knee-jerk posts start.

Well, at least Sony is getting good advertisement.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wtfisthat

As a firm believer in 2012, I like the site, lul, made me laugh at how serious they are taking it (pertaining to the movie of course.)

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
The lottery is for chances to win tickets to the movie premiere events.

I wonder how many will actually think this site is real.

Hey, me again, I have read the entire site, and there is no mention of the Movie 2012 or tickets any where..

And the lottery states you win a ticket for a chance of survival , not movie ticket ? Now I do realize that it would be a great PR gimick.
But what puzzles me is that there are links to real life news events, like the quakes at yellowstone and stuff like that.

Any ideas on that ?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

If you take any of the links on the bottom of the page, it takes you to SONY websites. Sony is behind the movie.

Yes, the lottery chances are to see the hype of the movie and to win a chance to go to the premiere.

Not to mention the "agency" that is the whole purpose of the website (IHC) only exists in the movie world of "2012". It is NOT a real institution.

-edit- Of course there are real world events linked to it... other movies have done the same thing in the past. But if you choose to go on believing this is legit, more power to you.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Very odd. There is a fair amount of real news incorporated into the site. It is like a 'watch and see' site. A site to get people to open their eyes, it seems.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think this is kinda scary for Sony to put up a website like this...i mean what about the people who really beleive in a disaster ending the world in 2010? dont they realize that a lot of people will take this site seriously and freak out?????

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
the funny thing is that this movie is directed by roland emmerich... he made 10,000 B.C. (terrible) and Universal Soldier (terrible) and The Day After Tomorrow ( equally terrible and equally about world catastrophe). the marketing scheme with the fake organization and everything is pretty brilliant however. had me fooled for a minute until i saw the "How would the world governments..." quote in there. It is reminiscent of the original War Of The Worlds when the original radio broadcast came out everyone thought it was real then which in turn boosted it's popularity and made it at hot item at the time. I'll give them an "A" for effort and go see the film.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yeah it got me for a little too as I was logging into myspace. It was some of the tech they mentioned having that I called the viral attempt on. Like the moon drilling, the space colonies and also when I looked up the heads of departments they listed. The whole time it was very distinctly smelly of a viral but I was curious...I would agree with the poster who likened it to the war of the worlds stunt. Very similar. Danny Glover, John Cusack, and Amanda Peet are in this movie...Not the most awesome stars to spear head a movie not endowed with a great director...But the website alone was good enough to make me wanna see it just for curiousity's sake...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i think this is horrible website and idea by sony pictures.
i myself when i logged into myspace became very scared. at first glance it looks like a very real and believeable website. My little sister came over to the computer and started to cry thinking she would live to be only 13. this is a terrible idea by sony and i know many people will be owrried that people will take it the wrong way and do some very unresponsible things. its very distasteful and i think it will hurt the film in the long run.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I believe it is brilliant... but dammit I thought I had a chance! If only it was real... Maybe Sony has a message to tell the worlds ppl and maybe ppl will be more interested after the movie about real time events that may occur...

God bless us all!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join