It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resurrection Of The Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

First Corinthians 15:35

But someone will say, "How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?"

Ask yourself.... before you are born, what are you?

Dead?

Isn't giving birth the same as resurrecting the dead?

First Corinthians 15:36-37

You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies; and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something else. But God gives it a body just as He wished, and to each of the seeds a body of its own.

Paul writes that in order to resurrect, you must first create the seed, and allow God to give it a body. Basically, giving birth is the process of resurrecting the dead.

What I think is being said is that nothing can be born, unless it has died first. Meaning that there is life after death, and if there was not life after death, then nothing would be born in the first place!

First Corinthians 15:32

If from human motives I fought with wild beasts, what does it profit me? If the dead are not raised, LET US EAT AND DRINK, FOR TOMORROW WE DIE.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I believe in life after death, even before I had my NDE. My NDE confirmed what I had long believed.

I believe we are beings of energy and light manifested into physical form to reside here on Earth.

What we do and how we live affects how we die, and our resurrection.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
In a manner of speaking, perhaps. But the spirit is hardly "dead" between incarnations. It may be in a higher or lower state but almost never unconscious. Death per se (unconsciousness) doesn't really exists. Death of the physical shell occurs, of course. Resurrection also refers to a body with which the spirit has not actually departed but the outward signs do not indicate so. The true sign of "death" is decay of the body. When the spirit leaves the forces of destruction are free to descend and consume the body.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I never liked the idea of this : "when you die you just go into a new body without any rememberings of your past life"..............
I mean,come on!?that means there is no "YOU" ya've got no control..whats the meaning.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Ask yourself.... before you are born, what are you?

Dead?

Before I was born, I was but energy. What kind of energy Im not totally sure about that one..
I think of our bodies like containers. And upon what you call death.. We are put back into the main pitcher. And then our energy is "poured" back into containers. Like if you had trillions and trillions of Cups.. Cups being our bodies. (Not just humans either.. all beings.)
And one main pitcher being the universe secert.

There is no such thing as death.. We have been lied to since birth.
Death is the biggest lie of them all..

We are one.. Everything! All is, and will be.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The resurrection of the dead as spoken of in the Tanakh is an awakening. It is physical though in the New Testament... I guess for purposes of drawing attention away from the truth and focusing the attention on a future event and/or a false notion.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Great interpretation, I agree with you. Most people are unable to see the fractal ever changing interpretations as put forth by the bible. By setting there ideas in stone those ideas are unable to adapt as culture adapts. For example at one time the pyramids may have represented "Triangles in the sand", but as our cultures understanding of mathematics and astrology increased so did the interpretation of the pyramids meaning. By fractalizing our understanding the information can be forever fluid and attainable for all. That's the logic behind "Artists use lies to tell truth and rulers use truth to tell lies"

Peace

"Both read the Bible by day and night; but you read black where I read white."

-William Blake

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
The resurrection of the dead as spoken of in the Tanakh is an awakening. It is physical though in the New Testament... I guess for purposes of drawing attention away from the truth and focusing the attention on a future event and/or a false notion.

Among the apostles, there was a disagreement about what the resurrection meant.

Some wanted it to mean that we all get glorified bodies if we "follow" whatever it is we believe Jesus taught. Those who want glorified bodies translate whatever Jesus taught to mean something about bodies.

In this group were Peter, John, James...and later, Paul.
This is what founds "judeo-christianity".

Thomas, on the other hand, intuited that the resurrection was about the mind.
And so, yes,
It is about an awakening of mind.
Thomas was correct.
But,
Thomas was ostracized by the rest of the group, and made a pariah.

Interpreted correctly, it is the awakening of one mind.
The one mind is the "Son of God", or "Christ".
Asleep, the mind is "dead".
Asleep, the mind dreams of death and exile.
Reincarnation is a dream of death and exile.
Awake, the mind is "free" of the cycles of birth and death.
The cycles of birth and death are not a "life cycle".
Rather,
The cycles of birth and death are like a "death cycle".
What can die was never truly alive.

It is said that Jesus was "born to die".
But actually, Jesus is a symbol for the "son of man".
So,
Jesus is the symbol of all that are "born to die".

"Born to die" is a *fruit* of the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil".
It is an oxymoron, like all the fruit of that tree.
It is a tree that combines opposites.
Such combinations are essentially magic.
Magic is a *spell*.
The *gospel* dispells the spell cast over one mind by digesting conceptual opposites.
Dispelled, the mind awakenes to its reality: Life.
Alive, it does not taste death.
Life, it is alive eternally.

Christ!

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I disagree with your conclusion. Resurrecting the dead means bringing someone back who has died. Before you're born you don't exist, at the very least not physically. Giving birth is creating a life, not resurrecting one - big difference.

Just my .02 cents.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
I disagree with your conclusion. Resurrecting the dead means bringing someone back who has died. Before you're born you don't exist, at the very least not physically. Giving birth is creating a life, not resurrecting one - big difference.

Just my .02 cents.

No. Birth is not any kind of beginning. And death is not any kind of end.
Birth begins with the death of truth, which has not beginning nor end. The end of the birth/death cycle is the acceptance of truth. The acceptance of truth is the resurrection of the "death" of truth. The truth will set one free of the birth/death cycle...and only the truth.

Christ!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Being dead is different from being not alive. You have to be alive to die. Things that were never alive aren't dead, just not alive. To be born is to become alive, and to die is to become dead.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yes, we are alive. There are people living today. When you die you are no longer alive, if that is what you mean.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican
Being dead is different from being not alive. You have to be alive to die. Things that were never alive aren't dead, just not alive. To be born is to become alive, and to die is to become dead.

No. What can die was never alive.
Were the "Stepford Wives" alive?

Christ!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Yes, we are alive. There are people living today. When you die you are no longer alive, if that is what you mean.

Birth is not any kind of beginning, and death is not any kind of end.
Truth is the end of birth-death scenarios.

Christ!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There are some places in the world where actual resurrections from the dead are claimed.
Resurrections

top topics

join