It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SIT X EXAMPLE London gridlocked

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Interesting snippet from the govt via Sky News tonight, in the home counties this morning, just because of the snow, there was nearly 1000 miles of traffic jams in total, thats the sort of thing that must be considered in bug out plans especially if
1 You live in a high population density area like SE England or NE America
2 You get winters
3 you have a high percentage of commuters in your area
4 your plans involve going by road if Sit X occurs

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A good pointed reminder NR.

I encountered very few problems this morning, mainly because I left the house early; was heading out as everyone headed in; and stuck to the major arterial roads.

Tomorrow I'm more concerned as I'm being sent across "town" into Hants, I might call the local nick before I depart to get their take on their local roads.

As far as Bug Out Routes are concerned I'm pretty much resigned to heading out on foot. There's no way the roads will be navigable if TSHTF. The other option (given my current location) is the waterways. I don't think a dinghy is practical but the footpaths should be. I will be exploring these routes over the next few weekends or as time allows.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal
A good pointed reminder NR.

I encountered very few problems this morning, mainly because I left the house early; was heading out as everyone headed in; and stuck to the major arterial roads.

Tomorrow I'm more concerned as I'm being sent across "town" into Hants, I might call the local nick before I depart to get their take on their local roads.

As far as Bug Out Routes are concerned I'm pretty much resigned to heading out on foot. There's no way the roads will be navigable if TSHTF. The other option (given my current location) is the waterways. I don't think a dinghy is practical but the footpaths should be. I will be exploring these routes over the next few weekends or as time allows.

I thought you had gone out shopping ?, BTw I send you a reply to your U2U.
Cheers
NR

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I did go shopping. Only after I'd returned from M.Keynes to the depot and kicked my heels for an hour before negotiating an early finish due to no-one accepting deliveries today.

Someone mentioned the new East-London line somewhere. I don't know if it will be weather-proof I can tell you that the construction sites were closed today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join