It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raising A Generation Of Losers - The Liberal Agenda

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Fun post. of course you do all know that children are not in the least bit as stupid as the grown ups think them to be. And before the question is asked, I am 38.

Children playing baseball often invent their own rules. Over the fence is a homerun if it hard to accomplish, it becomes an out when it becomes too easy and time consuming to get the ball. Often times the homerun/out rule will apply to a kid based on their ability to do so.

We often worked together to strengthen weaknesses. For me it was hitting, for others it was running. Sometimes a good hit from me was an automatic double. But since I had speed as a strength, any hit required me to leg out a double on a small diamond.

It helped tremendously in organized play as I often would run out an extra base when the hitter behind me had a solid hit. And my weaker hitting style but learned hit location allowed for a better batting average than I should have had.

Ultimately we never remember the scores of those Little League games, but we do remember exceptional hits, plays or base running. And we remember the good players from the scrubs.

Of course why should sports be any different than academia? Only college graduates are intelligent with worthwhile ideas, right? Just like Dr. Tesla whose degrees were all awarded in honorarium?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Well, Skills for Life classes would be the most useful of these types of courses and if any are required, it should be these! Too many kids today have no idea how to life an adult life with any modicum of success because parents are no longer teaching their kids how to be responsible with anything, including money.

<< 1   >>

join