It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus: Obama Pushes It Back

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

That's what i was thinking. He needs more dire news to push this:

New Bank Bailout Could Cost $2 Trillion

WASHINGTON -- Government officials seeking to revamp the U.S. financial bailout have discussed spending another $1 trillion to $2 trillion to help restore banks to health, according to people familiar with the matter. President Barack Obama's new administration is wrestling with how to stem the continuing loss of confidence in the financial system, as it divides up the remaining $350 billion from the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program launched last fall. The potential size of rescue efforts being discussed suggests the administration may need to ask Congress for more funds. Some of the remaining $350 billion of TARP funds has already been earmarked for other efforts, including aid to auto makers and to homeowners facing foreclosure.

online.wsj.com...

I don't know about the rest of you, but i sure hell don't want to give the banks anymore than we have already given them.

This better not happen.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack

Originally posted by HOGAN

See, I never bought the Obama message. I looked way passed the skin color of this man and looked at who he REALLY was. Forget all this muslim crap, the fact that he is half black, and just look at his lack of experience, his extreme liberalism, and his lack of character the short time he was in the Senate.

Sorry guys, when you vote for him because he was black, whether you are also black or you are just feeling the 'whitey' guilt, well folks, you get what you pay for.

I don't know one person who voted for Obama because he is black...

This is the mythology created by you and yers. It hurts when an intelligent experienced woman like Palin loses.

" Must be white guilt A Kooder? "

I suppose in lack of character - you mean he didn't seem like a drunk extra in a CHUCK NORRIS movie ALA GWBII.

Thank god for extremist conservatives who have been fighting the greedy corporations day and night!

Yes reds keep fighting for AMERICA by padding the rich - again and again

The problem is not corporate greed its liberals!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

WASHINGTON -- Government officials seeking to revamp the U.S. financial bailout have discussed spending another $1 trillion to $2 trillion to help restore banks to health, according to people familiar with the matter. President Barack Obama's new administration is wrestling with how to stem the continuing loss of confidence in the financial system, as it divides up the remaining $350 billion from the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program launched last fall. The potential size of rescue efforts being discussed suggests the administration may need to ask Congress for more funds. Some of the remaining $350 billion of TARP funds has already been earmarked for other efforts, including aid to auto makers and to homeowners facing foreclosure.

online.wsj.com...

I don't know about the rest of you, but i sure hell don't want to give the banks anymore than we have already given them.

This better not happen.

I agree - what is the alternative???

The problem is two fold low confidence and frozen lending practices.

Oh and the fact that it benefits banks to "hide" negative financial positions.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
[edit on 1-2-2009 by antar]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

online.wsj.com...

This better not happen.

We give it to them so they can lend it back to us so we pay it back to them with interest.

Why oh why are so many people blind to this simple fact?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join