It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another bank closed today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Another bank closed today

www.ocala.com

Feds close Ocala National Bank

By Susan Latham Carr
Staff Writer

Published: Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 6:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 6:25 a.m.

OCALA - Ocala National Bank was one of three banks nationwide that was closed Friday by federal regulators.

All of Ocala National Bank's deposit accounts have been transferred to CenterState Bank of Florida in Winter Park. All four Ocala National Bank branches will open for business on Monday under the CenterState name.

Ocala National's drive-through windows will not be open today but will be open for business on Monday. Customers will be able to use their ATM cards, debit cards and checks today, officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am sure there will be more that close but are people still keeping their money in the banks ?

There has to be a threshold limit where there is no money left in the bank, then people will start whining. That's the part that will drive me nuts "Oh, I didn't think it would happen to me" will be the same old story.

I just wish everyone would take their money out now, that way we wouldn't need the banks !!

Really, can you live without using a bank ?

I have for 20 years now.

www.ocala.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Intheshadwos

I have never trusted banks, which is why I don't use them. I never plan to. You can live just fine without the banking system and all these banks closing proves that they're untrustworthy.

Definitely, too many people think that "oh it won't happen to me". I think that's a pretty silly line of thought. If it can happen to anyone else, it can happen to you.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I come from the same school of thought.I use banks 2 times a month to get my paycheque and I don't do credit or credit cards.
If we all stopped playing the game then we would be winning the game and wouldn't be here bitching about the game.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I agree entirely. I can stand credit/credit cards either. Despite the fact that I have been turned down for apartments, I refuse to get a credit card.

It's all unnecessary.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

As a guy who runs an apt building I will tell you that I go by feel of the person.If the senses tingle then I might be hesitant,if I get a good feeling and see they are truthful then I accept them.I like the ones who tell me they have student loans to pay or didn't pay a credit card bill...honesty counts for me.
I don't like banks for the simple reason that if i am doing a business transaction and the first thing someone wants to see is my ID,then I am going to assume that there is some form of distrust from you in that you didn't believe me when I told you my name.
If that is the case then why would we be doing business if we don't trust each other?
Screw all that...I am a handshake kinda guy!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I agree. My mom used to run apartment buildings like that. It's not really that way anymore. There was one time a guy wouldn't let me VIEW an apartment in one of the complexes because I couldn't provide a credit card. I told him I didn't have one and he said that I should just leave because credit was %75 of his application.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

That sounds like an application I would wipe my ass with.
The first thing I tell people when signing a lease is to ignore it as it is really alot easier to just say we can all be reasonable people and act as such.
In 11 yrs i have only evicted 3 people because they got too big for their britches and took advantage of my niceness.
People are alot more then what you see on a piece of paper.
Sorry if off topic.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

It seems we are entering into economic shell shock as we go about our daily lives pretending that everything will be just fine.

Humpty Dumpty.

new topics

top topics

join