It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military dancing to Willy Wonka!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I dunno how approriate it is for our Armed Services to dance like Oompa Loompas... but they do here www.youtube.com... I suppose being an Oompa Loompa is not such a bad thing. They do tell you not to be greedy. Although, I am not sure how tough our men look and/or how intimidated our adversaries would be with us doing cart wheels on the battlefield!

I hope this post is appropriate. I just think that a little fun goes a long way.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
That is an exceptionally creepy video. I had an established fear of Oompa Loompas and all manner of small, elvish, musically-inclined creatures, and this just brought the fear to a new level. Thank you, kind sir (or madam).

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm quite disappointed.

I was expecting some of our soldiers doing a fully choreographed oompa loompa song in the middle of the desert somewhere.

No star for you sir.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I still get a chuckle over that vid.

I do have some minor critiques though.

A.) They're not showing their "war face" and being super deadpan serious. You can't sing the Oompa Loompa song in the military and not be super deadpan serious. It just doesn't work.

B.) They aren't organized into Baritones, First and Second Tenors and they kind of need singing lessons. I know most people don't equate Oompa Loompas with High Art, but I do.

C.) There isn't musical accompaniment. You're telling me there wasn't a section of this troup that could at least play the kazoo? I'm not buying it. Sad day for the military if not one soldier isn't armed with a small, goofy musical instrument. Personally, I would have perfered a nice mouth harp to go along with the kazoo accompaniment.

Despite these OBVIOUS FLAWS to the performance, I don't think I would have made them run 10 Miles in the rain as punishment.

Maybe just printed out a company photo with all their faces photoshopped in Oompa Loompa orangeface and and hung that puppy in the entrance of their Barricks.

Some of America's finest, nonetheless.

*edit because by now we all know can't spell worth a flip sometimes.

[edit on 1/30/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Galacticwacko

I see nothing wrong with the "guys in uniform" having a bit of fun whilst doing PT.. besides look at the trees they are not in a combat zone...

The boys have got a tough road ahead of them, and not everyone enjoys PT, so a tad bit of "sillyness" is sometimes a good moral booster..

sorry for using the "masculine" in refering to the soldiers, did not mean to sound sexist.. forgive me for not being "PC"

and if anyone is still offended by that .... Bite me...and have a nice day

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reminds me of basic training when the drill sergeants had us duck walk and quack while waiting in chow line.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Oh man that made my day.

Minus the "OMGz America is bad" stuff in the video the army guys were great.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Thats awesome. These people are fighting and dying for our country. If they want to have some harmless fun thats their business. If anyone has a problem with it i feel sorry for you.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
LOL Good one!

My personal fav though is the one were they seem being on their toes and when one of em says "Get down!" they start dancing with the music of "can't touch this" (if that's the correct title) No link,sorry,i can't find it.

Now get ready coz this thread is gonna get locked in no-time..!

new topics

top topics

join