It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does "Survival" mean to You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I was sure exactly where to place this thread because when I asked different people about what survival meant to them, I received different answers.

What exactly do you think of when the word survival comes up?

Is it a place, state of mind, material things, people you want to be near?

Here where some of the responses I got from others.

"Well I would have a cabin in a remote area stocked with food, grain, seed, ammunition, guns, etc...."

"Survival to me would be having enough money to do whatever I want"

"Enough food to eat and a place to sleep."

"Being able to live under any condition or circumstance the world could present"

"finding the right group of people and becoming a clan, sticking together and surviving the elements."

"Having a mall to shop at and enough credit cards."

"The ability to take care and provide for my family under any circumstances by having knowledge in many areas, kind of a jack-of-all-trades mentality. "

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Great question.

Survival is always an individual thing. You can help others survive but ultimately, you must survive first. It's simply the continuation of your existence under a given set of circumstances. As much as anyone might try, there are always limitations to ones ability to prepare and subsiquently survive some situations. The existential part comes when one has to consider if survival is worth the effort or the outcome.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
What exactly do you think of when the word survival comes up?

Is it a place, state of mind, material things, people you want to be near?

All of the above. I'd also throw in the idea that to me, survival means being able to provide what I need to live using whatever tools and oportunities are at my disposal.

join