It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand-axes found in Malaysia dated to 1.83 million years old

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks09

Howdy Punkinworks

Some of the first ancient skulls found were in that area Dubois finding bits and pieces plus tools too.

Malaysia could also be on Borneo, the nation straddles the peninsula and the other island.

Homo E? Possible but perhaps not that probable. They might be in Borneo.

Saw some speculation that the HF might have been the motivation for the stories of Menehune amongst the Polynesians, although the areas aren't exactly right.

People did and still do leave out offering to gods and spirits. I haven't seen any speculation on their surviving up to 17th century, where did you find that?

din

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
A little update.

A picture of the axe:

Source: thestar.com.my...

For the full article:

thestar.com.my.../2009/1/30/nation/3156465

[edit on 31-1-2009 by din]

[edit on 31-1-2009 by din]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hans, I dont think that HE survived to the modern day but may have at least until about 20k years ago in se asia.

I read about a couple of skulls that were recently found, i think in indosesia, whose dating is not clear.
In the context of where they were found, evidence indicates that they are around 20k years old, but they may have been displaced from thier original location.

I read about the locals leaving out food for HF in one of the original articles on the subject. It said that the locals left food for them and that shortly after the dutch arrived the offerings of food taken to the caves stopped being taken and they stopped having chance encounters with them.

The philipinos also have a minihune like creature of lore.

A friend of mine was born on the island of flores, he remebers being told stories about the little people that lived in the forests, when he was a child.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by punkinworks09]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks09

Hello PW

Its all very interesting, basically they need more skeletons and cultural material. I suspect that such will be found.

It might also be an idea to check the DNA of the local inhabitents to see if any HF DNA survives in the present population.

[edit on 31/1/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Well, before anyone assumes a 'hand axe' is a stone or metal axe with a wooden handle, it's not, it's a rock chipped on one or both sides used to cut animals open etc, they were caveman tools and of course there were cavemen 1+million years ago, I don't see this article as news, I took an anthroplogy class and basically that's already fact and in old text books, I bought a handaxe from africa, the owner didn't know how old it was but said maybe 5+ thousand years, it could easily be 500k years, their pretty cool looking, and some dig sites find thousands of them packed together, as they were stored up and commonly traded.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

The article is totaly news because of the age of thew artifacts and where they were found.
A stone tool from africa is not a huge deal but a stone tool from malaysia that is 1.8 myo is huge news.
It means that HE left africa earlier than thought or that HE might have developed seperately in different locations.
And if the find is on the borneo portion of Malaysia then it means that H E had the ability to build and use rafts or boats in order to cross the straits.
Because at no time has there ever been a land bridge to these islands.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
oops double post

[edit on 31-1-2009 by punkinworks09]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join