It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

More than a million French workers protest economic conditions

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

More than a million French workers protest economic conditions


rawstory.com

PARIS (AFP) – More than a million French workers took to the streets Thursday to voice anger and fear of job losses during a one-day strike over President Nicolas Sarkozy's handling of the economic crisis.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Viva La France. Looks like the French have more bravery and the sense of what is right than we do here in the USA. Why don't we do the same? We need to join them in this protest over the bailout.

They are rioting because they feel this bailout only helped those that created it and the government needed to do more.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I am surprised I have not received replies on this one. It seems to be quite important and may be one of our turning points in taking back what the banks have stolen from us.



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
France is not America. We don't give up and if it comes down to it we will fight. But we have patience too. America is still stong.


[edit on 1/30/2009 by Solarskye]



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye
 


We are strong, I know this I just needed to get a reaction so maybe some of us would stand as one. I have been thinking about this and I think its because we have become so divided we just dont know what to do. They have labors unions that pull them together. The corporate machine has duped us to reject being a union and have divided us.



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Now the french are fighting and the americans giving up?



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Now the french are fighting and the americans giving up?


Isn't that just too crazy? I felt the same way...my dad was a war hero and I grew up telling people my favorite color was red white and blue. My brother used to tell me "your such a patriot it makes me sick"


We are brave though, just temporarily confused. We have been bombarded with a machine that purposefully has confused and divided us. It has taken advantage of the very freedom we hold so dear and screwed us.

This world just keeps getting weirder by the day...

Viva.



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It sank to the bottom pretty fast sadly, but i already posted this here yesterday. =)



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Another protest about economic conditions in France? Maybe they need another 2 weeks of vacay in addition to the 8 they already get every year. They should just be happy they have jobs to go to every day and homes to come back to every night. So ungrateful...



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan


Viva La France. Looks like the French have more bravery and the sense of what is right than we do here in the USA. Why don't we do the same? We need to join them in this protest over the bailout.

They are rioting because they feel this bailout only helped those that created it and the government needed to do more.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


Bravery? ..

They are afraid of being fired...

So they go on strike and protest.

Sounds utterly stupid to me.



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This stimulus package is as unintelligible as those who authored it, especially the President of the United States. This is national socialism hands down. Why should some corporations benefit over others? Why should our citizens be granted free secure jobs at high pay in the short term, when we all know that will screw them in the long run? Did any of you know that only American steel companies will be supplying products for the infrastructure spending? What is this? A command economy?

[edit on 30-1-2009 by cognoscente]



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
France is not America. We don't give up and if it comes down to it we will fight. But we have patience too. America is still stong.


[edit on 1/30/2009 by Solarskye]


Talk Is Cheap.



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan
 


They aren't protesting against any bailout, they are protesting because they WANT a bailout (more job protection, wage protection). The government here needs to do less and stop wasting our money.



posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
Another protest about economic conditions in France? Maybe they need another 2 weeks of vacay in addition to the 8 they already get every year. They should just be happy they have jobs to go to every day and homes to come back to every night. So ungrateful...


Congratulations you are thinking exactly like TPTB want you to think. Be grateful for what they hand you while living off of your tax dollars while the world spins out of control. They want America to get desperate and work for anything to just survive. You think its ok for the rich to vacation as much as they want and you get what crumbs they throw at you? No person laying on their death bed says I wish I had worked more and spent less time with my family. Dont be a kool-aid drinker. Think for yourself and what you want. Not what is thrown at you.


Originally posted by aava
reply to post by LoneGunMan
 


They aren't protesting against any bailout, they are protesting because they WANT a bailout (more job protection, wage protection). The government here needs to do less and stop wasting our money.


Actually it is about the bailout money. In one video I watched I cant seem to find it now, it was on Yahoo news they stated the people are angry because of the way the Government has handled the economic crisis and bailed out those that created it in the first place.

Do you like strawberry kool-aid or fruit punch? Just asking.




[edit on 30-1-2009 by LoneGunMan]



posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan
 


I don't think you understand what an easygoing lifestyle the French have compared to us in North America and even the rest of Europe. We already DO work for a crust of bread and are grateful for the opportunity. In comparison, the French hardly work at all and everything from childcare to higher learning is subsidized...I think they have a lot to be grateful for because they don't have to lay on their deathbed with regrets like we do.

But then maybe they do get to live like this because they complain...

C'est la vie.



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join