It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blagojevich Ousted by Illinios State Senate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Blagojevich Ousted by Illinios State Senate

www.nytimes.com

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — The Illinois Senate convicted Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich on an article of impeachment Thursday that charged him with a pattern of abusing power, prompting the governor’s immediate ouster and ending nearly two months of political spectacle in which he sought to salvage his reputation and career here and across the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
As a former Illinois resident I say, It's about time!!!!

On the flip side, Blogo is claiming conspiracy against him in the whole matter. How funny is that. I'm starting to lose count of the number of Illinois Governors that are in jail, somehow this it the first impeachment of recent years though.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I watched about 10 minutes of Blogo's comments and honestly ,from what i heard,, he made sens. He was willing to have everyone testify but they don't want that. He also said that out of the (was it 8 or 10 charges) that they only actual proof they supplied was the audio tapes which is the business they all do.

I don't think this guy is a saint, but I do think that this was a witch hunt.he must not be going along with the majorities agenda or knows something. When is it ok to basically convict someone when thy have evidence or wirnesses which aren't allowed.

They (senate, gov't,elected officials)are all guilty of something. They didn't get where they are by accident. it's all about corruption and scandal.

He's right about one thing. It was definately a conspiracy against him.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think he was dirty, but I'm still not convinced that he wasn't thrown out for standung up to the Bank of America.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think he should get some dirt onn anyone and everyone he can and bring it to the people. Lets start a madern day witch hunt. We know they are all corrupt and dabble in illegal activities. They do it right in front of our eyes.

We need someone with a name to get the ball rolling and we take it from there. Get out your pitchforks and torches. Time to fry me some senate.

MMMMMM........Tastes like chicken.

top topics

join