It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a death dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
After thinking about this for several days I have decided to post this here. I think this is in the right category.

On Sunday I got home from work around 11pm. I stayed up and watched some TV and eventually went to bed around 2am.

During the night I had an awefully vivid dream in which my sister had called me to inform me that my father had died. In the dream I was sitting on the couch in the living room and watching iCarly with my daughter.

This is during the dream:

I was watching iCarly with my daughter. It was a normal evening at my house. The gas logs were on because it was a little cool in the room. There were toys on the couch beside me, beanie babies, to be exact. My husband was in the computer room at the other end of the house.

The phone rings and I immediately think it's work, as usual. My husband answers and brings me the cordless phone.

It was my sister on the phone and she said, "Shelley, Daddy is dead. I went over there and he was just dead." She was crying and very upset. I didn't know what to say except, "Oh no. oh no " I started crying too and we went through the conversation about how, why, what, etc.

That's the end of the dream.

Monday, the next night, my daughter and I were watching iCarly and playing with some of her toys. The fire was on, etc.

The phone rings and immediately I say to myself, "Oh S*#@!" You see, everything in the dream I had the night before was the same. Now I was getting a phone call like I had before.

It was my sister. She was very upset. She was crying and I could barely understand her. The whole time I was kind of going into and out of body state, that's the only way to describe it. I was there, but not there, if you know what I mean.

She finally got out that my cousin had died. Oh my God! My cousin.
I was so relieved that I couldn't even get upset that my cousin had died. We were all very close because when I was a child I had to live with them after my mother died for a while. I love her so very much and I'm not sad that she's dead.

Anyway, today is Thursday and I cannot grieve for my dead cousin at all. I am just happy it's not my father. I feel terrible about this.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Does anyone know what the heck happened here?

Thanks.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by uplander]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You need to ask your mom if there is any chance that your cousin might be your real dad. It happens. Family relations get tangled.....

Sorry for that, but I find dreams are usually just dreams. Sometimes they scare us, sometimes they enlighten us but seldom are they prophetic.

I've had only one that actually turned out to be pre-cognitive.

Still, Glad Dads OK, Go to your cousins funeral and look into his face and say, "I'm so glad it was you."

When you start taking dreams seriously is when you need to seek help. It was just a dream.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ive had similar experiences but not of that magnitude...

you shouldn't feel sorry about anyone dying...You should celebrate it because it is something that all of us will experience at some point in time; the great mystery..

If you had a beef with your cousin then thats one thing, but if you guys were close then it will eventually have to be dealt with in some way, shape, or form...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

she said after her mother had died she lived with her cousin. its hard to aske her mother if her cousin was her father.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Once I had a dream where I saw a little girl. I knew she was dead because her skin was purple and black(probably suffering from mass hypothermia). The next day, I saw her! I was screaming in my mind "Oh my Gosh! Oh my Gosh! Holy crap!" And I was so scared I couldn't believe it!
It was so awesome, it was scary.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Most importantly don't feel guilty or shameful that you are not grieving for your cousin.
These emotions are very low vibrating emotions. You are allowed to feel exactly how you feel. It's alright. If you grieve at a latter time - it is fine - If you don't grieve at all it is also fine. It doesn't mean you are a bad person - Let it go. Be grateful that your dad is alright.

This is an important dream. It's a nudge to let you know that you are open to getting information in a different way. These dreams can be very scary and set you spinning for awhile. But - it's a good thing. It really is. Consider them preparation for your daytime life. It's a good thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

My cousin and I were pretty close, especially as children. When my mother died my siblings and I had to live with them for a while. We lived across the country at the time. My cousin was the eldest daughter in the family.

I think that these things (pre-cognition) may happen more than we realize. I don't know.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
Most importantly don't feel guilty or shameful that you are not grieving for your cousin.
These emotions are very low vibrating emotions. You are allowed to feel exactly how you feel. It's alright. If you grieve at a latter time - it is fine - If you don't grieve at all it is also fine. It doesn't mean you are a bad person - Let it go. Be grateful that your dad is alright.

This is an important dream. It's a nudge to let you know that you are open to getting information in a different way. These dreams can be very scary and set you spinning for awhile. But - it's a good thing. It really is. Consider them preparation for your daytime life. It's a good thing.

Thank you for your insights into this. I think you may be on to something.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I have had death dreams....mainly when I was pregnant with each of my children. The dreams were strange as though I was floating above myself, looking down. Both of my pregnancy's I got fairly sick, my second one I was at high risk of cerebral haemorrhage.My dreams repeated themselves ,always the same.And both times, I had emergency c-sections as in the dreams.Both my children needed to be bagged & masked as in the dreams.I was not awake for either delivery, but can recall what happened in the theatre.My last delivery.....I can recall the doctor telling me to breath.....I was under anaesthetic.....I seen a white light again as with my first child.I seen this light in my dreams as well....I felt as though something was embracing me...I feel as though my dreams were a warning ,of what could have been.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It's a reflection in time. What you thought would happen didn't in that you will see around the 12th of Feb things going haywire, but it isn't God who is going to die or cause death but something less, a cousin another relation that is not important because it is only by law and not by spirit.

Kind of like the movie, the Happening.

You will think the worst, but will be happy about the outcome. Just saying look towards the Hallmark Holiday of Valentines Day when the daughter of the jailers eyes are opened for the first time.

A birth you will encounter and a joyous occasion.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
In reply to the OP, yes, I have, but I've already posted it on this site before, so, fingers crossed this link will work: (if not I'll be back to edit!)

My Dream...

Emmy

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
It's a reflection in time. What you thought would happen didn't in that you will see around the 12th of Feb things going haywire, but it isn't God who is going to die or cause death but something less, a cousin another relation that is not important because it is only by law and not by spirit.

Kind of like the movie, the Happening.

You will think the worst, but will be happy about the outcome. Just saying look towards the Hallmark Holiday of Valentines Day when the daughter of the jailers eyes are opened for the first time.

A birth you will encounter and a joyous occasion.

So you are saying that the death in the dream was in fact a mirrored reflection of a birth? Please elaborate. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

WOW so yours are frequent and you are able to recognize that you had these dreams a long time. That is so interesting. Have you had any others you have recently remembered?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by uplander

Hey sorry it took me a while to get back to you!
Yeah it all depends, a few times recently I've had pretty vivid dreams but within seconds of waking up I had forgotten them, so I'm hoping they weren't too important.

The more vivid they are to me, the more likely they are to actually happen. Although sometimes the precognitive dreams that I have had, half of them I'm bound to forget, and then when they occur in deja vu, its only then i remember it happened in dream form.

So it's all a little bit scatty I'm afraid (just like me, lol!)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You experienced what I call a truedream.

Did you notice a heightened sense of clarity, a sharpness, vividness, not present in normal dreams?

I once had a dream that I was interviewing potential roommates (we were renting a room) and a yoiung couple came in with a little girl. A few days later I was interviewing a young couple and asked how long they would stay and they replied that it would be until just after the baby was born. Now, they had just discovered she was pregnant, but I knew this was the couple of my dream: I told them that they and their daughter were welcome in my home. They thought I was a little weird until they discovered they were, indeed, having a girl.

Unfortunately, I had another truedream concerning the child: I dreamt I went to work and there were four old Indian women sitting and working on something in the corner. They completely ignored me while being aware of my presence for the longest time. Just as I was getting impatient with this dream, the eldest look up at me and asked "Who shall be the next to die?" I awoke in a cold sweat with the knowledge that the baby was doomed, but I couldn't bring myself to share it directly with anyone, although I encouraged everyone to keep an extra eye on her. Four days later, she died a crib death and we were all devastated. That is nearly the worst duty I've ever had to perform: carrying that tiny coffin.

Truedreams are special and important: although I don't know how they work or where they come from, I've had a lot in my lifetime, although none other so sorrowful.

top topics

join