It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan man needs investment capital to get his flying saucer off the ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

"It will cruise at 700 mph. I won't go to mach speed because it's too controversial," Carrington told WDIV-TV in Detroit.

"We're still waiting on venture capital," Carrington said.
The venture capital estimate Carrington needs: $40,000 to $70,000. And he offers reassurance to anyone that may be skeptical of his design.

Link

I cant wait to see this thing flying around!!!
I just hope he doesnt give up!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
As eccentric as this man seems, why did it seem like extra effort was made to cast him in a bad light. His mock up was covered in 8 inches of snow, and more footage of him cleaning off his craft was shown than footage of his workshop.
I'm not insinuating media cover up or anything, but from a neutral point of view, they went out of their way to make him appear even crazier than he might be.
I guess my point is...whatever happened to encouraging creativity and out of the box thinking. It seems everyone is so quick to judge things as impossible, as if we know everything in our infinite 21st century wisdom. Let the crazies have their fun, who knows, they may create something cool(or destroy us all).

[edit on 29-1-2009 by g raj]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Carrington is my newest hero!

Dude, a freaking tradesman/ construction worker AKA a guy just like the rest of us, has built a flying saucer. That rules.

I hope he gets his funding. If i had a money tree i'd give it to him out of my pocket. Sweet.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The government won't let this happen.
They may steal it -
But they won't let him do this.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I hope the government stays out of this. They screw everything up!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It wont fly cmon. If it did I would be shocked. He talks all about the outside but how does it work? that doesn't sound feasible but hey, I hope he proves me wrong. I just know that if I was making one, I wouldn't tell anyone about it. He will get a knock on the door pretty soon if he hasn't yet

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I remember reading in the paper about this gentleman in 2007. It was pretty big news back then, essentially he was asking for more money back then as well. Sadly, it looks like this fellow will either continue to toil away for years with his saucer or he has a pretty good scam going on. I would like to believe that he’s going to revolutionize air travel, but personally I don’t think that’s the case.

Edited to correct date

[edit on 30-1-2009 by TheDarkHorse]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
my first major question is : how does he know what its flight speed will be ?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Wow, This might be the next VolksWagon.
For the people and by the people!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
After watching the video , I can't help but think after spending all the money on the 'fullsize' mock-up , wouldn't it have been more productive to have built a small working model to show and ensure the design is safe?

[edit on 30/1/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
After watching the video , I can't help but think after spending all the money on teh 'fullsize' mockup , wouldn't it have been more productive to have built a small working model to show and ensure the designis safe?

I have always heard that for some strange reason flying-saucers have to be pretty big in order for them to work. Do not know if its true but if it is it might explain his actions.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
A "full-size mockup" is nothing more than an oversized prop... Really, what's the point. And his capital estimate seems EXTREMELY unrealistic....would take far more to make this happen, and that'd be IF everything he's thinking was accurate....

This is doomed to never go any further than the big model he's making....

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Maybe he really did figure it all out but seems a little unrealistic to me...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
A "full-size mockup" is nothing more than an oversized prop... Really, what's the point. And his capital estimate seems EXTREMELY unrealistic....would take far more to make this happen, and that'd be IF everything he's thinking was accurate....

This is doomed to never go any further than the big model he's making....

While it seems to me to be highly unlikely he's on the level (weather he is aware of it or not) the 70k capital is what he has personally spent so far not the amount he is seeking, he didn't mention a figure required to complete the project, just stated he is looking for venture capital.

The 70k quoted as being sought was written outside of the news report, seeming as they are both the same figures (while the printed version quotes 40-70k) I would presume its a mistake, but if he is looking for that amount, its never going to happen. ( I mean the disc working, not acquiring the money)

They did make him look like a fool though, bad form on the part of the interviewer & editor.

M

(edit for spelling)

[edit on 31-1-2009 by marker3221]

[edit on 31-1-2009 by marker3221]

join