It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

llinois House impeaches Gov. Rod Blagojevich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

llinois House impeaches Gov. Rod Blagojevich

www.msnbc.msn.com

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. - The Illinois House voted overwhelmingly Friday to impeach Gov. Rod Blagojevich, setting up an unprecedented trial in the state Senate on whether he should be thrown out for abuse of power, including allegations that he tried to sell President-elect Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's nice to see that Blago's media blitz had no effect on the legislature of Illinois.

From the moment the Senate announces the decision (in a few minutes), Blago is no longer governor.

The moving van should be pulling up to the governor's residence in just a little while longer...

Good riddance.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-1-2009 by cogburn]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The people of Illinois are going to party tonight.

Unfortunately, all the talk shows Blago's been spamming are going to have him back on for an "after" show... He's not done yet. He'll stretch this out as long as he can.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What's interesting is with the majority, who would as-if be stupid enough to vote otherwise
I hope he gets a crew cut. There may be a job opening in Alaska for a camera man on that one vocano.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The only thing I wonder is if he will take anyone down with him? Being that high in Chicago/Illinois politics he is bound to have some goods on some influential people for these type situations. Or will we see his name in the paper with the word SUICIDE by it?

[edit on 29-1-2009 by jam321]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
He got caught red handed.

I'm glad they through the bum out.

Now, if we could only catch the rest of the politicians who are using their office for personal gain I'd have a better opinion of our country.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
He got caught red handed.

I'm glad they through the bum out.

Now, if we could only catch the rest of the politicians who are using their office for personal gain I'd have a better opinion of our country.

But Wildbob, if we put away every politician who is doing that, we wouldn't have anymore politicians.

Hey, I think I'm on to something...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
They guy might be a scumbag and he might even be guilty. But the fact is a man was just impeached even though this man has not been indicted on any criminal charges and the government keeps delaying the indictment. Why is this? If they have a good case why not go with it? There are things that just smell bad about this. We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty and allowed due process. This goes for all and that even includes loud mouth governors.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

I'm with TJeff on this one, no indictment charges, unanimous ruling? They said it would go that way without a doubt but it seems a little hard to believe they all voted yes. True politicians at work, they have no balls.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
They guy might be a scumbag and he might even be guilty. But the fact is a man was just impeached even though this man has not been indicted on any criminal charges and the government keeps delaying the indictment. Why is this? If they have a good case why not go with it? There are things that just smell bad about this. We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty and allowed due process. This goes for all and that even includes loud mouth governors.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

i agree with this, how can he be impeached on "allegations"
its kinda like getting the death penalty before your trial even begins.

i was under the impression this country had something called due process of law.

new topics

top topics

join