It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Pepper Sprayed and Shot By Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

At the beginning it looks like the dog is happy to see the police hoping to get a belly rub or his ears scratched, until they spray him, and shoot him or her

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Blundo]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Dang, have they ever heard of animal control or a tranquilizing gun? :shk:

And what was the need to shoot a dog that many times? That guy must have thought he was target practicing.

I don't really know what the dog did to deserve this, but IMO it was an overkill.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by jam321]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Dang, have they ever heard of animal control or a tranquilizing?

And what was the need to shoot a dog that many times? That guy must have thought he was target practicing.

I don't really know what the dog did to deserve this, but IMO it was an overkill.

I agree, WTF!!!! Thats so wrong in so many ways. Why would someone do something like that. But who knows also, we dont know why this dog was being chased. Could have been causing havok and running around biting people or have eaten a baby for all we know.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blundo

At the beginning it looks like the dog is happy to see the police hoping to get a belly rub or his ears scratched, until they spray him, and shoot him or her

He was rubbing it's head in the grass trying to clear the mase they used before the video picks up. he was not being playful

I've seen this before and the story was that the Dog was on a biting spree or had attacked a couple of people already and this is the end of a very long chase they could have captured the dog at this point but they were not taking anymore chances!

Bad Dog!

[edit on 29-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We really do not know the circumstances surrounding the situation, but it looks like some very bad decisions. The spray would not subdue the dog, just make it run and try to get away. They should have known that.

Doesn't look like they were U.S. cops.

There always having to kill vicious dogs in Arizona. They simply shoot them if they can not subdue the dog.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for the heads up on the story.

Makes a lot more sense now. I still question the officers shooting ability.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
God knows, I'm not a big fan of pit bulls but why did the cops take it upon themselves to kill perhaps someone's pet instead of calling the SPCA or it's equivalent in Britain. IF a private citizen took it upon himself to kill a dog he would be arrested.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm sure they were worried about rabbis due to the biting spree.

Had to do the same with a dog I owned as a child due to rabbis.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
IF a private citizen took it upon himself to kill a dog he would be arrested.

Well that really depends, a lot of comon sense is used, if there is any evidence at all that your self or others are in danger I don't see any charges sticking - espically if there any kids near... There was a case a while ago where someone was being attacked and a neighbor jumped the wall with a handful of kitchen knives, after they all broke I think he resorted to stamping the dog to death - he was seen as hero of the day.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
I'm sure they were worried about rabbis due to the biting spree.

Had to do the same with a dog I owned as a child due to rabbis.

Jewish religious leaders led to this dog's death?

OH, rabies. Got it. I was going to say, none of those cops were dressed like any rabbi I've ever seen...

[edit on 29-1-2009 by '___'eviant]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
One of the reasons why I hate the police.

They might not all act like this but when it comes down to it they act like this and get away with it. Its disgusting those men are bullies with badges, that dog should have mauled their faces off.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ok. There might be reasons to shoot a dog - if it is danger to people for example and no other solution is available. But why chasing it and spraying it for so long? Kill it and that is it, no need to torture the animal too! Really , i do not understand it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Before you go feeling too sorry for the dog the info on the video said:
"This just happened yesterday. The dog apparently attacked its 20 year old owner and when the police arrived, it had chunks of flesh in its mouth."
It's a pitbull.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Well I would not believe the discription time frame I saw that video on youtube like 5 or 6 months ago it must have been taken down and then reposted yesterday.

Unless I'm suffering from some kind of time slip

top topics

join