It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Calls Before Police Got to Frozen Body in Detroit Warehouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

3 Calls Before Police Got to Frozen Body in Detroit Warehouse

www.foxnews.com

It took three calls to Detroit authorities over two days before they recovered the body of a man frozen in ice in the elevator shaft of a vacant warehouse, a newspaper reported Thursday.

A reporter for The Detroit News said it got a tip and found the body Tuesday in a former Detroit Public Schools warehouse.

The reporter called 911 Tuesday and told a female operator about the body, the newspaper said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Quite a story. Repeated calls to emergency services seem to have gone unanswered (but I'm sure business was brisk at the the local Dunkin Donuts). We have seen these types of events unfold where people die in hospital waiting rooms but this is worse. Detroit may be the toilet of america but doesn't a body have any dignity or bearing to people anymore. Do people just not give a you know what anymore. We have become so desensitized to the point that a body can be left in 2-3 of ice for days without a care. Reminds me of the movie 'The Rivers Edge'.

brill

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just another body in Detroit. The cops knew it was frozen and thus well preserved and without the stink. Why the rush??

Detroit cops were probably wondering what he was doing in the elevator shaft to begin with.

Just another reason not to visit the Motor City.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I read about that at the freep.com. The guy had already started decomposing, so he'd been there for awhile. ( I swear I read that in this article, but it doesn't seem to mention it now.)

He's more than likely a homeless man. No one cares about them, unfortunatly. A homeless colony of men live in that warehouse.

Here's another article from the detnews with a photo.

www.detnews.com.../20090128/METRO08/901280491

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Clark W. Griswold]

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Clark W. Griswold]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Do people still believe government will be there for you when you need them after reading this story?

Government is caring less and less.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That is just outragous! Here in my neck of the woods, a friend of mine heard 17 gunshots in his neighborhood (never happened there before) called 911 got an answering machine. Took him 9 mins to talk with 911! Then, ofcourse, the perps were long gone.

top topics

join