It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of the Union Speech: rants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here is a thread dedicated to Mr. Bush and his speech last evening. Please post your favorite outright lies or salient points, as you see fit.

I'll start it off:
"These regimes could use such weapons for blackmail, terror and mass murder. They could also give or sell those weapons to their terrorist allies, who would use them without the least hesitation."

What the!?!?!

That describes US actions in the 20th Century to a tee!!!
So by following that logic, Iraq is a young USA?

[Edited on 29-1-2003 by Bout Time]

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Except that they are anti-usa, and they hate us. America needs to protect it's interests.

Besides, it seems the economy is slipping, time a war...

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I found the whole thing to be nothing more than a national pep rally. He spent the first half telling us what we want to hear. Nothing but empty promises. Who is going to pay for all the social changes he envisions is we pay less taxes?

Once we were all happy and content that our president's heart was in the rigtht place, he proceeded to beat the war drum for the duration of the address.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The Annual Hate of the Nation Speech.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't know what you guys are talking about but I found the President's speech to be rather powerful and convincing. I will admit, before he got to foreign policy, the speech was putting me to sleep. We do not joke around when a country or group or persons are threatening our country. Bout Time, the only difference between them and the US is that they are seeking to destroy the US at any means necessary because they hate us. You don't see us nuking N. Korea because they disobeyed their nuclear weapons treaty do you? Just like the President said, we are trying to bring peace and stability to troubled nations, but we will act with force if our nation and its friends and allies become in danger of a tyrant or terrorism.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
My favorite part:
And many others have met a different fate. Let's put it this way: They are no longer a problem to the United States and our friends and allies.

Bout time, I thought you would like that speech, as the analysts were saying it was a lot like Clinton's speeches: X amount for this, X amount for that problem, etc, etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I didn't hear how China was flooding our market
I didnt hear about a boarder that cant keep illegals out
I didnt hear about fuoride in the water
I didn't hear how he was going to ban mercury in fillings

I didn't hear anything about the state of the union,

I did hear something about hydrogen, but it was only one sentence.

But, to be honest, I did hear everything I wanted to hear. Damn shame it had nothing to do with the state of the union.

[Edited on 29-1-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So Bob What is the state of the nation apart from beligerent.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
JoeHayner, Particle, MM....not what I'm looking for; check Bob's answer, that sort of thing.
It was hyped to death & I would like to hear from others what they took away from it as per direct statement quotes......because there were some WHOPPERS thrown out there!!

Like:
"And if war is forced upon us, we will fight. ..." ( in regards to Iraq)
What the!?!?!

Let's get this straight: They haven't done diddly since that 12 hour "invasion" of Kuwait back in 1991, have had the country cut in three with anybody stepping below the 33rd or above the 36th parrellels getting SMOKED by US/UK fighter jets, have had 100's of sorties flown against targets in the country counter to their stated no-fly zone enforcing, have received less than half of the monies due them under the oil-for-food program thus starving the country.......and GW says war is being FORCED upon us!

I'd actually vote for the guy if he would just crack up once when he delivers a line like that, that EVERYBODY knows is Bull S*** !

On North Korea, when he said, "We will not be blackmailed," I mean, come oooooonnnnnnn!! You know you have to negotiate, you know it makes sense......so why paint yourself into ANOTHER corner by trying to sound tough again!?! Didn't he remeber "OBL, dead or alive"!?!? I despise the semi-retarded little Lord Fontleroy, but I feel sorry for him as an American - he has to stop embarrassing us Yanks with al that bluster he can't back up.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I really must make my political cartoon, it would be as follows:

SCENE
Person sitting in front of T.V. with a big window in back showing distant marchers protesting the war saying things like "Peace in the Middle East" but most especially it would show the signs comparing Bush to Hitler and Saddam with a picked on kid, and Bush "bullying" Saddam, for oil!

Lines
T.V. is saying -- "Saddam recently killed 400 more political prisoners today, who were protesting his government's restrictions on freespeech...(then in bold) meanwhile the Inspectors have stated that Iraq seemingly has NO WMD research programs.

Man in Front of T.V. then says -- "SEE HONEY!!! I told you there's no reason to remove Saddam!"

Caption
Typical Freedom Lovers

---hmm needs a little work, but something along those lines
---

Sincerely,
no signature

P.S. for those too thick headed...think about the difference between what's emphasised on tv and what people care about..."oooh the oil, this war is attrocious" as Jay Leno would then say, "Shut-up...." in his classic tone..."...please, idiots stupid....LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE FOR ONCE, SADDAM IS EVIL!"

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Good one FM. Also, reason they can't find anything is that Saddam has his guys interfere while they evacuate.

Also, how he give it? He can't read, must have had someone read it to him through a ear piece.

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The election is just around the corner! As they used to say in Chicago, "Vote early and vote often!" Wink wink nudge nudge.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I'll start it off:
"These regimes could use such weapons for blackmail, terror and mass murder. They could also give or sell those weapons to their terrorist allies, who would use them without the least hesitation."

What the!?!?!
That describes US actions in the 20th Century to a tee!!!
So by following that logic, Iraq is a young USA?
Bout Time, you sound like a typical liberal. Living in your own cespool of ignorance. You don't make any sense at all. It is really amazing to me how much of an idiot you are. Are you being serious??? How old are you???

[Edited on 2-2-2003 by antigravity]

top topics

join