It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what a sad state the world is in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
hey all,

i had a look at the bbc news website this morning and it kind of dawned on me that this world is crumbling bad. look at all the negative news and chaos that is spread all over this homepage!!

i guess its been like this for a while, but it just seems to be worse and worse every day.

news.bbc.co.uk...

WHATS NEXT???!!??

[edit on 29-1-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Yeas it has and always will be this way. We as human beings think idealisticlly 80% of the time and 20% of the time we are thinking reallisticly. We all want money, we all want food, we all want a home and we all want what we want/ power. This one of the reasons a social structure of 6 billion people will not work. 6 billion people screaming there point of views on how things should work is 6 billion reassons it wont.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Doom and gloom sells.

Tomorrow's headlines will have similar news.

sty

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
it is obvious that the money-system created back in the mid ages does not fit the global economy in any way. The producers of wealth suffer while the rich people are the ones trading the wealth. Probably we would need another type of society / civilisation where the abillity to trade wealth will not the the single most desirable skill to have. Some limits must be imposed, like for example no human should be allowed to accumulate more than 1000 years of average salary for the country where he/she lives. Whatever excedes this value should be used to help the other people (education, research etc )

[edit on 29-1-2009 by sty]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

That is the most absurd thing I've read. Nobody should make anyone have limits. If I work my butt off and make a million dollars so be it. You do not have the right to come along and take it just because you didn't work hard enough or make the right choses. Government just needs to stay out of it completely and let the system work. The government is what's messing this all up, not the rich people.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Doesn't seem very out of the ordinary to me, regular news as it's been for years.

sty

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

well, if you work your b*** out you will be surprised you will not make as much as you expect. Because the society promotes the people that trade the wealth instead promoting people that create the wealth. Look, if the average American salary is 25 000 a year, it means that you could accumulate equivalent of 25 000 000 . So I actually gave 25 times more than you expected hehe . However, the target comes to the people that would have billions based on the sole abbility to manipulate wealth. Go on , make the million! This is how things actually work in Northen Europe : for low income the tax is low, or you even get help, but for certain ultra-high income the tax goes up to 60 % of your profit.
accumulating 1000 years of wealth is decent enough I would say , and let us be onset 99 % of the people would never reach 10 % of that !

sty

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

and by the WAY - the government is paid and influenced (lobby) by the rich people, with other words the rich people ARE the government. Where do you think that politicians get the hundreds of million for their campaigns ?? How do you explain that a corporation would get billions / trillions in help while the small business owner are heavily taxed to make the money needed to sponsor the corporation?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

You're blaming "rich people" for something not all rich people do. Just like blaming guns for something a killer used. Without some of these " rich people" you don't have a job to go to. You start putting limits on people and you'll see the American dream disappear. I know there's billionaires out there that are evil but theres some out there that aren't. Don't take away the freedoms this country offers by putting limits on your money. Next will be your speech and then your powerless.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Doom and gloom sells.

Tomorrow's headlines will have similar news.

If doom and gloom sells why are so many companies going broke?

sty

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Gorge Carling said " it is called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it" . The big problem in US is not the middle class - the middle class is the one that have to be protected . The biggest problem is actually the upper class that is increasing the percentage of the total existing wealth by the year! from the statistic point of view: poor people stay poor, middle people become poorer and the richer become even richer. In my country the richest 300 own about 60% of the GDP while only a very few can be classified as "honest". Would we be in ruin without them? no way , just that the existing wealth would be distributed in more hands.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Try to understand that due to a combination of events in the 20th century, the governments have conditioned people to be greedy, to pursue money at all costs, to believe that avarice is good.

The simple fact of the matter is that the american dream was an invention of the government and as it served its purpose, it has been quietly laid to rest - quietly in case they need to revive the corpse.

The american dream is why the whole world is in a state of financial chaos, thnks to the various ponzi scams, the scam that was derivatives and the myth of drip down economics.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That was pretty bad. However the parrot knowing how to use the bathroom cheered me up a little. Till I realised that my cat can't do the same thing and then that whole page looked dark again.

new topics

top topics

join