It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money Change !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If..... and i am only saying if, which is actually a long if:

you did actually have the chance to change your moneys for something equivalent in another system other than the monetary, what would that be?

In other words any clues to another means of operating our society?

Love would be a good start, but we don t live in an ideal world, so love actually wouldn t be respected. Another problem is that there is arelativity on how we value love to each other. However it still could give tha actual solution, since that relativity could actually make the relative corellation of value. + you can t ask for interest in love, it can only be given.

So here you are! you have a first argument!

I suppose there are other views too!

Be well!
&
May peace and love serve you!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There will always be money.

What you want but don't have is basically money

If you look at different times in history there have been all types of things to hold value have it be food, gold, silver, paper, plants, seeds etc.

Value equals money; unless we can get rid of the notion of value there always be money and I doubt we can get rid of value because that's something that humans and animals all hold dear to them.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
so there are plenty of people taking angrily the streets, a thing governments greatly fear of, and this thread insists on dying...
hmmm, i suppose its all good with you then!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Idealy, there should be no money. There are enough resources and enough land on earth to provide every single person with a home and supplies. Money is a way to keep debt and limit abundance.

Love is a very good thing, but I don't think it is a currency, it shouldn't be degraded to that level. We live in a world where 1% owns 40% of the world's resources and wealth, all thanks to money.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I look back to the Mayflower Compact.The basic idea behind it was each man was responsible for his own welfare.That's not to say that they didn't help eachother,but it was equitable trade for all parties involved. Our money problems stem from our entitlement system.You have the right to earn your living.You should not be entitled to having someone else earn it for you.
Money was the next logical step from the local barter system.It allowed people to branch out to other communities for goods and services.
Trade and barter is still the most equitable way to secure goods and services. The way things are headed in this country I believe that ammunition may well be a form of currency in the future.

new topics

top topics

join