It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan: U.S. must halt drone attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Pakistan: U.S. must halt drone attacks

www.cnn.com

DAVOS, Switzerland (CNN) -- Pakistan's Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has called on the United States to halt its drone attacks against al Qaeda and Taliban fighters on Pakistani soil and warned that the missile strikes were fueling militarism in the country's troubled tribal border region.

At least 17 people were killed in two drone strikes near the Afghan border on Friday, according to the Pakistani government, in the first attacks authorized since U.S. President Barack Obama took office last week.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who has remained in the post despite the change of government, said Tuesday that Pakistan was aware of U.S. strikes against militants within its territory -- but Gilani strenuously denied that any agreement existed between Islamabad and Washington.

"I want to put on record that we do not have any agreement between the government of the United States and the government of Pakistan," Gilani told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in an interview at the World Economic Forum.

"If there are any drone attacks these would be counter-productive... Therefore we ask that if they have credible and actionable information, they share it with our intelligence agencies and we will take action ourselves."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Seems to me like Obama and the new administration may not be all that different than Bush and company.
Obama is firing into a sovereign nation without permission in the guise of making America safer while it is doing the exact opposite. I wonder where this is headed but I have a very very bad feeling about this. Anyone think that this may be leading up to the "event" that Biden and Powell spoke of?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is just the beginning of this sort of thing. In a decade or so drones will be THE way most high tech nations fight their battles.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
>'...and we will take action ourselves.'

Oh that is rich!

And I'm sure quite the comfort to the victims of Mumbai...

What do you guys think... Any chance it's the same people as the Mumbai terrorists handlers?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Pakistan should either PUT UP or SHUT UP.
This is complete bull#! If they (The corrupt Pakistani government) TRULY was against these damn drone strikes then they would make damn sure that their air force was ready and willing to shoot down each and every single drone that penetrates Pakistani airspace or shoots inside Pakistan.

Ugh! This makes me sick! The drone strikes should stop in my opinion because it causes too much civilian deaths but the only way that it will stop will be if the US makes the decision to stop this act of terror, or if the Pakistanis start shooting those damn drones down.
How would you feel if a country on the other side of the damn planet was using lifeless unmanned machines to bomb the hell out of YOUR cities and peoples?!

IT--

new topics

top topics

join