It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would God want man's foreskin ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Why would god demand a sacrifice of flesh as proof of one's dedication to him? And why would god want this performed on children as young as 8 days old? Furthermore, if god is the almighty creator of everything, why would he create the foreskin in the first place?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

It was a pretty . . . personal . . . delicate . . . vulnerable . . . masculine

EMPHASIS OF DEDICATION TO GOD; BEING SET APART UNTO GOD as part of HIS CHOSEN SERVANTS.

What better part; what more vulnerable expendable part of a body of a man could there be with which to EMPHASIZE SERIOUS, GENUINE DEDICATION OF THE INDIVIDUAL TO GOD?

OK, while trying not to respond to fanatical religious belief, I find this very worrying.

Amazing that millions of people condemn Islamic fundamentalist for trying to force their religion onto others, and yet we have religious fanatics willing to FORCE THEIR BELIEFS ONTO CHILDREN THROUGH MUTILATION.

This really is something that I find absolutely abhorrent.

If it is done for religious practice, it is probably more abhorrent to me than it being done through lack of education and intelligence.

Forcing a religious belief onto a child, and doing so through irreversible, genital mutilation, well, it just astounds me that anyone can find this acceptable in a modern society. You do not OWN your child.

No Human has the right to physically mutilate another person, for any social or religious reasons. They are placed in your care until they are able to care for themselves, this does not give any Human permission to alter their bodies to suit THEIR beliefs.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheMagick
reply to post by BO XIAN

Why would god demand a sacrifice of flesh as proof of one's dedication to him? And why would god want this performed on children as young as 8 days old? Furthermore, if god is the almighty creator of everything, why would he create the foreskin in the first place?

That too is a good point too.

But also, lets say this was commanded as proof of dediction to God. Well, what if the baby - who didnt choose to dedicate himself to God in th efirst place, gets cut - grows up and chooses not to dedicate himself to God.

Then what was the point of being cut? Dedication is in the heart first.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No God took mine. A quickly fastened metal zip did half the job and the NHS did the rest.

Going Commando has it's 'draw' backs. 'Oooo', said Sam, with a great many tears in his eyes.

On the plus side, my Dad bought me a Yorkie bar and rented a Chuck Norris film "MIA", to help with the pain. Chuck Norris as I'm sure you all know, is so tough that...

Also many foreskins stitched together can be fashioned into a wallet and, if rubbed, can expand into a handy sized holdall. Great for your B.O.B.

Later on in life, when I became a 'member' of 'The Order of The Purple Helmets', the world suddenly made sense.

Anyway, Sam will leave all male 'members' of ATS with this thought:

The metal zip hurt enough, undoing it however, tickled somewhat.

If anyone would like to start a thread on passing a fishing hook with your stool, I also have an anecdote that less squeamish members may find rather catching.

Edit to add: Yes, pole shifts do happen.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Sam Vimes]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
" The final question is : Why in heaven's name would the Mohel ( the rabbi who actually does the circumcision) then have to suck the baby's penis.
It sounds terribly barbaric and primitive. "

**SNIP**

What the Heck really didn't have the impact I was looking for... but you get the point...

Not to get too into it, but my son and I were both done at birth, by a doctor...

I don't remember any cheap wine and confusing next morning for either of us so I'm assuming the Doc. didn't follow this tradition...

Admin Edit: removed unnecessary censor circumvision

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Crakeur]

[edit on 1/28/2009 by coven]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam Vimes
If anyone would like to start a thread on passing a fishing hook with your stool, I also have an anecdote that less squeamish members may find rather catching.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Sam Vimes]

Weirdest ATS Thread... EVER!

this is a second line.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well, the eight days thing is because a human's immune system is fully set up after that time so it can fight of possible infections.

But I agree, why is it so important in the Bible? I think it might have been an old pagan tradition, but to a further extent, it's why many men these days are clean shaven: it's a sign of subservience to a bearded man...

It probably has to do with the "gods" who genetically engineered us and energy or some other form of maipulation. Possibly to assist in breaking down of family; sex is better WITH the foreskin that without.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

Well He does have compassion. A little baby wont remember the pain. The sacrifice if not of flesh, then what is a sacrifice? Saying you are sacrificing something that doesn't affect the flesh is no sacrifice. My best guess is that the foreskin plays some role in the forming of the baby in the womb.

A wise man once said, trying to talk a hungry lion out of eating you are words wasted.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by TH3ON3]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Why is circumcision exactly mutilation? Cutting of excess skin that in all reality serves no other purpose than a penis coat and something to play peek a boo with doesn't seem that bad to me. And this is coming from the female side... The guys that I have talked to haven't ever really had any bad thoughts toward circumcision, in fact this one dude I knew had gotten it done when he was older, around 18 and he was very pleased with how it made his penis "look." Maybe I'm just not seeing the sinister evil doctor/rabbi sacrificial-thing going on.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by coven

I friend of mine informed me that the Mohel usually has wine in his mouth, and the act of placing the penis in the mouth afterwards was to help sterilize the cut via the wine.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

OK...... not my fav subject. As long as we are talking about Bible Stories... which from what I gather most ATSers believe to be just that... myths/stories/etc... What if "man made in the image of God" was to be...... exactly like God??? What if God is well.... sansFS? Is it possible that the blood line of humans was tainted with "something" that made us slightly different from how we were initially designed... exactly like God. What if that FS thingy is a genetic link to a different blood line? Removing the FS made the Hebrews look like God.... as it was in the beginning. If this is more fairy tale nonsense... so be it. Something is up on Planet Weasel. You may say the Aliens have tampered with us..... I say the "Fallen Ones" mated with humans and changed the genetic structure of humans.

Just a thought..... strange but..... I'm stickin' with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

They don't have cotton wool and antiseptic in 2009? If the mohel has to get drunk when sucking the baby's penis at least drink Tequila or Scotch.

reply to post by Boogley

Numerous guys I know have spoken out about male genital mutilation. In fact there are numerous sites online that speak against “circumcision. By the way many women I know say that there are many advantages to a turtleneck.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonspurter
Well male humans are born with a foreskin so if you creationists believe we are created by God and then that God commands you to cut the foreskin off then it begs the question why did he create such a thing as a foreskin in the first place? Dumb God.

No kidding, eh?

Could it have to do with the desensitizing of the male sexual organ in order to try and curb Lust?

(Not that this works apparently :lol

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
God want's your foreskin for the very same reason that he doesn't want you to eat pork. It makes sense and keps you alive that little bit longer !
Basically the two commandments are not gods words they are mans. A long time ago in the some of the hottest parts of the world wise men realised that pork went off really fast in the heat and that areas where moisture and heat are trapped in the body were breading grounds for bacteria. However they had a problem, how did they get the people to stop eating pork and becoming ill or dying from food poisoning? and how did they get the men to remove the foreskin of their male babies in order to prevent bacteria from breading under it in the heat of summer ? There was only one way, tell them that god commanded it ! By doing this they could ensure the health of their tribe and increase the numbers, after all if the uneducated believed that god wanted them to do something then they blindly followed the order without question.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Now to the question on why circumcision is so widespread?: Bio-tissue companies culture artificial skin products from amputated newborn foreskins supplied by hospitals, and later profit from the sale of the by-product. Is it legal or ethical for parents to donate/sell their child's foreskin and for hospitals to donate/sell this tissue to corporations?

Since the 1980s, private hospitals have been involved in the business of supplying discarded foreskins to private bio-research laboratories and pharmaceutical companies who require human flesh as raw research material. They also supply foreskins to transnational corporations such as Advanced Tissue Sciences of San Diego, California, Organogenesis, and BioSurface Technology, who have recently emerged to reap new corporate profits from the sale of marketable products made from harvested human foreskins. In 1996 alone, Advanced Tissue Sciences could boast of a healthy $663.9 million market capitalization performance.

The after market for human foreskin is where the real money is made. Foreskins are sold to biomedical companies, which use them in the manufacture of insulin. They're also sold to middlemen, who package them for sale to research companies that in turn use them for biochemical analysis. Corporations such as Advanced Tissue Sciences (ATS), Organogenesis, BioSurface Technology, Genzyme, and Ortec International are taking cells from amputated foreskins and experimenting with artificial skin. Products like Dermagraft-TC, which sells for about $3,000 per square foot, are grown from the cells in infant foreskins and used as a temporary wound covering for burn patients. One foreskin contains enough genetic material to grow 250,000 square feet of skin.

This information was taken from www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org...

So I conclude that God put the foreskin there to be harvested and sold...

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Ereshkigal]

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Ereshkigal]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yeah, lots of "feet washing" in the bible.

What you have to understand is that "feet" in the bible is a euphamism for the human genetalia.

Babies came out between the feet.....

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

I don't recall Him answering such questions.

You'll be meeting Him one day . . . perhaps you'll have a few seconds to ask Him.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I assume you plan on being very prepared to tell

ALMIGHTY GOD

that HE

is a clueles cruel idiot.

I'm sure He'll give you a special place all tailored to your tastes for your courage.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

When I read your post the first thing I thought about was how many times Jesus' "feet" were washed in the bible and I started to laugh uncontrollably.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

1. Dedication on the part of the parents evidently means something serious,

TO GOD ALMIGHTY.

I've found it wise to avoid challenging Him on things He's passionate about.

2. God laid out a great plan for helping children grow up in the love and awe of God and a fulfilling life flowing from that.

Few parents seem to rise to that challenge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join