It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fur = Bad. Sex with Veggies, OK! Whacked = PETA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Apparently, caressing an asparagus is a no-no on NBC. The network has banned animal rights organization PETA's new Super Bowl ad promoting vegetarianism. In it, lingerie-wearing women fondle broccoli spears, kiss pumpkins, and make all sorts of advances on their unsuspecting vegetables.

Link To Story

"Rejected PETA Superbowl ad once again proves that when they rely on next-to-naked hotties engaging in foreplay people never remember their "message" only the . . . wait, what were we talking about again?"

edit to post vid

[edit on 28-1-2009 by MrMicrophone]

Mod Note: Quote Reference-Please Review This Link.

[edit on Thu Jan 29 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well, I'm absolutely ECSTATIC that this ad was rejected for the Super Bowl. Honestly, I hate commercials enough as it is. This wedged in between plays, while I am unsuspecting and happy to be watching the Super Bowl, would have made me angry and frustrated that PETA would think of something so utterly retarded.

Although, they are always doing things that make me mad anyway.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Is this maybe a reflection of how desperate "veggies" are to convert meat eaters?

Logic and reason don't prevail so let's try sex, and like the previous poster mentioned..it's bad enough having the superbowl interrupted by adverts anyway.

Glad I don't have a telly.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
A Love Of Things That Grow

It's not often one gets the chance to use the word "lachanophilia" in everyday conversation.

Yay PETA.

But I suspect trouble is already brewing between PETA and vegetable rights activists over this.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
But did you get the vegetables consent prior?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
As the founder of PETV (People for the Ethical Treatment of Vegetables) I am shocked to see innocent vegetables exploited in such an inappropriate way. It is bad enough to watch as billions and billions of vegetables are routinely unearthed, chopped up LIVE, boiled LIVE and otherwise dismembered without any use of anesthetic whatsoever.

Now those murderous vegetarians want to exploit innocent and immobile vegetables in such a disgusting and inappropriate fashion? APAULING!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Note:

All those veggies go excellent with Sea Kittens.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Somebody at PETA is in BIG trouble.

I know for a fact that the broccoli used in this commercial was just sprouted a few weeks ago, and is thus underage.

Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Somebody at PETA is in BIG trouble.

I know for a fact that the broccoli used in this commercial was just sprouted a few weeks ago, and is thus underage.

Disgusting.

Petapehilia?
Perverts.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I will not be boinking a broccoli in the near future.
And I certainly won't be having an affair with any apples.

PETA members are nut jobs and will never influence my choice to slaughter animals to eat or use as I see fit.

I'm gonna get a nice fur rug for the bathroom so I can step out of the tub and keep my tootsies toasty while I dry off. Hell, I'm gonna dry my back with my neighbours cat and toss it out the door when I'm done just to piss PETA off.

And yes, I had "sea kittens" for dinner tonight with a nice white wine sauce.

new topics

top topics

join