It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you believe in the Bible if...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
you were around when it was composed altogether and released.
I dont mean the scriptures invidually, I mean when it was all put together and released.. 1863 king james?

Would they have been more beleivable, more people who know people who witnessed the parting of the oceans and the plagues..

People peicing it together and saying its the word of God, must of had some questions to ask.

Yes, I put this in the conspiracy part of the forum becasue people who dont believe the bible, must think its a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
I dont mean the scriptures invidually, I mean when it was all put together and released.. 1863 king james?

Would they have been more beleivable, more people who know people who witnessed the parting of the oceans and the plagues..

People peicing it together and saying its the word of God, must of had some questions to ask.

Yes, I put this in the conspiracy part of the forum becasue people who dont believe the bible, must think its a conspiracy.

Well, the Tanakh was put together at the same time. Scribes wrote it while in babylonian captivity.

I KNOW it is the truth.. not because of the stories.. but because of the very deep truths that are behind the words.

Honestly, I had walked away from it because I could not make sense of the blind faith part (found in the NT.. which was a twisting and manipulation of the truth hidden behind the words of the Tanakh)... but when I was brought back to the Genesis - Malachi part.. suddenly a whole new light was shed. No longer was my trust in the Intelligence behind the words based on blind faith.. but on actual knowledge.

The prophecies in the Tanakh are opened even now and speaking to those who have searched with their WHOLE heart and not settled on the lie found in the christian bible. The NT destroyed me.. the G.d of the Tanakh built me up and THEN brought me to the words in the Tanakh. I have my proof.. which is all I asked for.. and I got it!

[edit on 28-1-2009 by justamomma]

[edit on 28-1-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The Bible is a corrupted work. It speaks of a god that is vengeful, hates and kills. To me that is the false god, Satan. The true God of Light is all loving and would never ask man to kill fellow man in God's name. Therefore I can not have blind faith in what is written in the Bible.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

The question you are asking is my #1 concern about the Bible. Aren't people putting our faith in *people* rather than God when saying that the books that the committee decided would be a part of the Bible are to be the Bible. Its very odd to me that this is not questioned more prominently within Christian circles.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
No. If I was around that time I would think everyone was crazy and I would become an atheist.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

A fundemental thing that most have wrong is that they do not know who god is.

Who is god?

Why is the word of man the word of god?

Link the two of those questions and answer.

You have your answer.

The bible is a metaphorical guide to life.

Atheists are throwing the answers out into the open for anyone to see.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
No, i dont believe in the bible or god.
If i were to say would you believe in the bible if you found out that it was really a book about alien visitation and that your god was a superior alien being you wouldnt believe it. Yet that is infinately more probable considering that there are probably millions of intelligent life forms out there, some of whom are visiting here which is a lot more logical than an invisable bloke making the universe in seven days etc...

Mankind will only move on when we leave religion behind!

[edit on 28/1/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
The Bible is a corrupted work. It speaks of a god that is vengeful, hates and kills. To me that is the false god, Satan. The true God of Light is all loving and would never ask man to kill fellow man in God's name. Therefore I can not have blind faith in what is written in the Bible.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

Funny thing is.. if you are speaking of the G.d spoken of in the Tanakh.. what you have declared is more a reflection of your own heart than it is an actual representation of Him.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
Therefore I can not have blind faith in what is written in the Bible.

Though I give you a standing ovation for this comment! You should never believe anything blindly. Anyone who asks or tells you to do so should be avoided!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Like all the religious scriptures... there are many truths and much wisdom to be found in the Bible..
Just keep away from organized religion, for it is the exact opposite of what religion was meant to be.

edit for rubbish spelling

[edit on 28/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Like all the religious scriptures... there are many truths and much wisdom to be found in the Bible..
Just keep away from organized religion, for it is the exact opposite of what religion was meant to be.

edit for rubbish spelling

[edit on 28/1/09 by blupblup]

Very very true!
When we allow G.d to teach us, we find much wisdom and truth in there. When we turn to man to interpret it, we find blind faith and conformity. I appreciate this view point very much blupblup!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

You're most welcome my friend

And you are right too, man's interpretations are just that MAN'S views... not jesus' not Gods... It's a shame that so many believe it is.
Find your own truths and search your soul and allow guidance...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Hello Xb

Even if I was around when the King James Bible was written I still would not believe a word. It is a fine tuned version of the bible to suit what was going on at this time.

I was brought up a catholic but luckily my parents taught me how to think for myself. The Old testament says that not even one word should be touched. That includes the ten commandments I beleive! Although the new pope has added another one about money. Pope Ben 16th

Also Limbo for babies that die at birth!!! Limbo apparently no longer exists after a new Vatican issue, thats fine but my 70 years old parents have spent their lives worrying about the soul of their 1st born who died at birth. mmmmmmmmmmmm Kind of pissed me off cos all these years they have been mourning my unborne brother who could not be buried in a NORMAL grave.

SO! Whats it all about my friend.

In answer to your question, No, i would not and dont not, beleive in much the church tells me. Although I do respect everybody on their belief in that opinion!

I dont think any sea's or oceans were parted by Gods command! A quake or some Mother earth thing may have happened.

The people you are talking about were ignorant soothsaying nuts. Just do some simple historic research and I,m not taking the mick my friend. The whole bible new testament has been changed many times so hey, mmmm which one do you follow? King James, quran, buddah, you, me?????

Albert

DIGG ATS

for original
content
more infoWould you believe in the Bible if...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The bible was put together as the unit we know today a long time before the king james version was put together. It's just another translation in a long series. And I would say that four hundred odd years shouldn't make any difference to anyone. Four hundred out of two thousand years since the events of the new testament isn't a whole lot closer. Everyone involved in the events of the new testament had been dead for many generation in the 1600s.

The only thing that would make people more inclined to believe is the social climate of the time, wherein non-Christians were generally maligned, if not actually inprisioned or killed.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The Bible has been deliberately and deceptively altered for both religious and political reasons. What became the New Testament was canonized in the 4th century in a series of committee decisions at a convention at Nicea. Four gospels were accepted and sixteen more were rejected, all by a show of hands, as if the facts of the matter could be evaluated or dismissed by popular vote.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by andre18]

top topics

join