It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinglizard's Painting Avatar Set (Image Heavy) (CONTEST has ENDED)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Syandos

It is not Frank Benson Sunlight.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok - well, I was going to wait and see if our beloved Ashley was on target with her last volley before tossing in my own, but, like y'all, I have a life outside of ATS (HA!) and need to return to it forthwith. But, I may be back to pull more hair out of my head on the next go-around - as long as you guys jump in the pool with me...

So, here below are my final shots for this game. I have a couple of more paintings that follow the same logic but don't want to capitalize on KL's sudden but refreshing sympathetic demeanor - so I will hold it at these. Besides, it's best to leave plenty of targets for others to swing wildly at, no?

So, Senor Kinglizard, thanks for the fun Pinata game! My proverbial hat (along with the last of my hair) is now officially, and terminally, in the ring...

p.s. Agnolo Bronzino's Holy Family with St. Anne also is a headshot of Mary with her "better half" hidden from your rendition. Where's the rest of her "Holy Family"?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

It's not any of those paintings.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

That's a really good guess. I JUST thought of something. He said the graph and numbers weren't important (and that those specially were the distraction). He never said the blue gradient wasn't important. Then he said 'look past the obvious' and the Holy family is the focal point. The blue gradient sky in the background would fit those.

Even if it's wrong, still a good job. I was just coming in to guess that but you beat me to it.

So the gradient/image IS important. But look past the obvious and ignore the graph and numbers.

[edit on 2/13/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

1) .5+.5=1

2) Look past the obvious.

3) Something hidden has yet to be found.

4) You will need Photoshop (or like program) to find what is hidden.

5) Forget the grid and it's numbers....it was designed to be a distraction.

Blue gradient. So KL isn't so evil after all.

My guess is either Vincent Van Gogh --- Vase of Flowers

or

Claude Monet --- Madame Monet and her son

or

Marc Chagall - Boquet de Fleurs

Ok. That is what I can see with a BLUE gradient but that doesn't mean other colors are not important. SEVERAL images have a gradient in them. Not sure what is supposed to be found in Photoshop, though.

An inversion? If so, that would be a yellow gradient.

Oh! That makes me think of something else...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Oh! That makes me think of something else...

Actually, nevermind. lol was going to say Rembrant's a Vase of Roses but I just saw it was already a winner in a previous puzzle.

My guess was due to the fact blue inverts into yellow via Photoshop. Then .5 (blue) + .5 (yellow) = green. Then look past the obvious would mean look past the flowers and to the green background.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
My guess is either Vincent Van Gogh --- Vase of Flowers

You are the winner!

But you didn't solve the puzzle so I'll give you half the points.

QUESTION:

ANSWER: Vincent van Gogh Vase of Flowers

If you find the two originating colors in the image ignoring the gradient you will find the first RGB color code is 326 and and the other is 897. If you combine those numbers you will get 326897 which is a BTS thread number. Within that thread you will see an edited post belonging to me that contains the answer.

Found here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is a work of an evil genius.

I'll be back on this now.

edit -
What????????? You are a sadist.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
edit -

You got to admit I gave some really good hints though.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
You are the winner!

Thank God it's over but I really feel no victory thrill since everything I did resorted to desperation shots at the end.

But you didn't solve the puzzle so I'll give you half the points.

To be honest if you gave me a year to figure out a hint was in another thread here, I still wouldn't have found that lol. I did however look at threads based off 22124 from the last puzzle. lol

And the points really aren't what is important. Just puzzle solving so I won't complain about getting gypped with 1/2.

Just kidding. Thank you very much.

Going to go hibernate now.

Edit to add:

Originally posted by Deaf Aliend

No kidding! I always thought KL was a very nice guy but not after all this.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
OMG!!!

I thought, it has to do with the color code numbers we use on ats.

But i was too lazy to go look them up.

GGGGRRRRRR

Good job Ash!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think you should give AshleyD double points just because of the damage to her sanity due to this contest. Oh my God Kinglizard!
do you know what this young lady has went through these last few days?

There's the years of therapy she is going to have to endure do to that last puzzle. Not to mention the probable discomfort and embarrassment of having to regrow her fingernails having probably chewed them to mere nubbs.

You my friend kinglizard are a cruel cruel tyrant.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I would also lobby to give Ashley the full points. The condition of explaining the logic was not initially stated, and having a contest where the rules change half-way through is not fair.

Further, I thought the clues were lame, the encoding of the puzzle lame, and having a grid and numbers inside the first clue was lame.

The first puzzles were fine, just the last one sucked.

The only thing good about the last contest was that by looking at the images over and over and even listing them and working with them, one got an improved knowledge about many of the great Masters.

As you can see by the way Members guessed, using the grid and numbers as clues they actually gave better 'game' than the originator.

I particularly liked the one where the Member rotated the grid and matched it up with the masts of a great sailing ship.

So as not to seem to be a harsh judge of the puzzle originator, I support and appreciate the Mods who create contests and puzzles, and I also like the end result, which was using an obsession with puzzle-solving to get people to learn more about the great Masters.

I also applaud the clever nature of using those 100 paintings as a contest.

So, thanks to KL for the interesting diversion. It's things like this which help bring the Members together to fight and game and collaborate and make allies, raising the level of the site.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yeah, thanks for your critique....it's just what I needed.

I did my best and put tons of personal time and effort into providing BTS with what I thought would be a little fun. It's the best I could do....

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

You did great KL, we learnt a little, laughed/cried a little, and died just a little inside.

It was great!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thank you SD.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well, I'll say one thing. It was a very hard puzzle. It even tops all the ATS official puzzles. So my hat's off to you.

I'm ready for another puzzle.

I will be better prepared for the next one. I've learned your ways I hope. :w:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
oooooh, a challenge!

*rubs hands together*

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

You're missing that this comment as 99% highly positive.

It was a GREAT contest.

OK in fairness to the great King Lizard, I was just apprised of the fact that using numerical values derived from a puzzle to make up a thread or post number where a clue was found is a normal ATS puzzle tactic.

Had any of the ATS gamer veterans been on this puzzle they'd have solved it almost instantly.

However, non-gamers would not have known to think that far out of the box.

So, I retract my comments above and apologize for being a dumbarse.

[edit on 16/2/2009 by Syandos]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
are we getting another one?

*looks around* I am rested and ready to work again.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join