It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bill Will Turn Old Military Bases Into FEMA Camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
On January 22nd, Representative Alcee Hastings [D-FL] introduced a new bill in the U.S. House of Representatives called the National Emergency Centers Act (also known as HR 645).

If Congress passes this bill, the Department of Homeland Security will be REQUIRED to establish national emergency centers (FEMA camps) on closed military bases.

For years, mainstream apologists have tried to deny that the government was putting together a network of FEMA detention camps across the United States. But now the wording of this new law would require that closed military bases be converted into Homeland Security "emergency centers". Just check out this language from the bill: "Wherever possible, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of Defense, shall designate a closed military installation as a site for a national emergency center."

thefinalhour.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Nice try with your fearmongering.
This has been debunked as of now:
The Bill

H.R.645
Title: To provide for the withdrawal of United States Armed Forces from Iraq, to authorize assistance for Iraq, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Price, David E. [NC-4] (introduced 1/23/2007) Cosponsors (15)
Latest Major Action: 3/20/2007 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Committee Hearings Held.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'd like to add that a FEMA emergency camp does not mean they are detainment camps. During katrina this country was up in arms because of FEMA's slow reaction. Emergency camps around the country would make it easier to react.

Dont get me wrong, they could turn into detainment camps, but not every single thing that happens around here is sinister.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

oddities abound.

I found several bills with that number.

one involving iraq withdrawl. another with fema centers and a third reauthorizing the Rhinoceros and Tiger Conservation Act of 1994.

the one you found is dated 2007. the one I found is dated earlier than that.

the one the member is talking about was submitted this month.

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The numbers on these bills get reused everyone. You think they really have only submitted 645 bills through out the lifetime of our country? As far as I am concerned that to me just says there are currently at least 645 bill in consideration in congress.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Section 2 B- 4 gives me the most concern for possible abuse. It is broadly defined and leaves many options opened for interpretation.

(4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

www.govtrack.us...

What are considered appropriate needs?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Section 2 B- 4 gives me the most concern for possible abuse. It is broadly defined and leaves many options opened for interpretation.

(4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

www.govtrack.us...

What are considered appropriate needs?

That caught my attention as well. Way too open to interpretation IMO. If this passes the SOHS becomes the tyranny Czar.

top topics

join