It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska - Mt Redoubt Volcano could erupt within days

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
OK, the ash is missing Anchorage and is falling in Skwentna and is headed for Talkeetna. Since the eruptions have continued they now are expecting ash through 8 AM.

If the wind does not change, we are out of the path for now. I'm off to bed. Looks like a normal workday tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Gn blaine... will be up for a bit longer had another seizure so I have a heck of a migraine. Will post any new stuff if I am up when it comes on.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
12:30:20 UTC
Another big explosion!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hopefully the sun will come up soon and we will be able to see what kind of damage has been done so far. Did you see the temp readings at the cams?

to add:
not the hut one the other.
I can't help but think that the magma is going to come out this time. As soon as it goes lax it explodes again.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

The temperature reading for the Cook Inlet webcam is not the external ambient temperature. It's the internal temperature of the encasing of the camera (and other equipment which probably need a controlled ambient temperature). I already asked this question a few weeks ago to the AVO staff as I noticed it was always at 70.5 degrees F

The Hut webcam has a more variable temperature reading which changes according to weather conditions, but as far as I know, it still isn't the external ambient temperature.

No need to worry about these values. They're not used for scientific purposes.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Hopefully the sun will come up soon and we will be able to see what kind of damage has been done so far. Did you see the temp readings at the cams?

to add:
not the hut one the other.
I can't help but think that the magma is going to come out this time. As soon as it goes lax it explodes again.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by xoxo stacie]

you want my opinion i dont think the hut cam will be online for a while , because its north of the volcano, and very close to it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
RE-POST :

Look at this link I found, and scroll down and look at the seismic events.
Some of them are totaly of the chart, I cant imagine that is normal..

Usgs.gov
The site say it updates every 30 minutes..

This here is the one I was refering too.
Tarawa Island, Look at this

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
RSO looks like it has gone off line. Went off right after the fifth explosion. Doesn't look like it is coming back up yet either. The others are starting to settle back down again so perhaps it's getting ready to vent again.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think the AVO website is getting hammered...
Pages download speeds are very slow!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

I got it opened last night and haven't shut it since....
I know from the past that if I do I wont get back on! Waiting for sunrise on the hut cam to see what kind of damage the explosions have done.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well the CI cam 'appears like its completely disappeared', the volcano that is. I'm sure that not the case and its hidden in the haze, I'll miss that hill.

www.avo.alaska.edu...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

The Hut webcam unfortunately isn't working anymore:

Redoubt Volcano Latest Observations
2009-03-23 07:46:00

The eruption of Redoubt volcano continues.

Ash plumes generated by the explosive bursts so far have all drifted to the north.

Ashfall advisories are available on the National Weather Service site pafc.arh.noaa.gov...

AVO's web camera near the volcano is no longer functioning

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Here we go! I read on Yahoo the ash was experienced over 50 miles away, how bad is this going to get or will this be it? Do these smaller erruptions add up to one big one or do they take the pressure off bit by bit? I am scared for our members who have been here discussing this for 2 months!
Be safe my friends.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
RDN and REF seismic stations don't seem to be transmitting anymore... but I think it's an uplink connection problem rather than hardware malfunction (it could still be because of volcanic ash, though).

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa
RDN and REF seismic stations don't seem to be transmitting anymore... but I think it's an uplink connection problem rather than hardware malfunction (it could still be because of volcanic ash, though).

Avo is getting hammered alright , hut cam is out intil father notice , prob melted. alog with hut .

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The ash completely missed us in Anchorage. With the weather we have this morning you won't be able to see anything from the remaining camera.

The area that got ash is northwest of us and has gotten an eigth to a quarter of an inch so far. They will get ash until noon. It is 9:35 AM here now.

We won't see what happened until the clouds clear. The last eruption took the ash to 60,000 feet and was the largest yet. No info since then and it took out one of the webcams and the webicorder at the top.

[edit on 3/23/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
the latest update is as follows

2009-03-23 07:46:00
The eruption of Redoubt volcano continues.

Ash plumes generated by the explosive bursts are drifting north-northeast. Ash fall has been reported in Skwentna and the Chuitna area.

Ashfall advisories are available on the National Weather Service site pafc.arh.noaa.gov...

AVO's web camera near the volcano is no longer functioning.

AVO is planning an overflight of the volcano later this morning.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Does anyone know where to find a RT radar image that displays the ashcloud movement..? The trajectory models were entirely wrong throughout the night - go figure..

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by akjen
Does anyone know where to find a RT radar image that displays the ashcloud movement..? The trajectory models were entirely wrong throughout the night - go figure..

try : (courtesy of volcanism blog)
www.wunderground.com... &map.x=245&map.y=203¢erx=572¢ery=140&lightning=0&smooth0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0

[edit on 23/3/09 by geogeek]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by akjen

Video - Radar map

Doppler Ash Cloud Pattern

[edit on 23-3-2009 by violet]

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join