It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is Necessary to Create a Unified Currency for Goods Exchange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

It is Necessary to Create a Unified Currency for Goods Exchange

www.turkishweekly.net

President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev considers its necessary that countries should create unified world currency, instead of regional.

According to Kazakh president, "if the world will go along with such localization, we expect big chaos." "I think that future measure consists in the fact that we should have a fair world currency not with one issuer, as it is no. It is not democratic, not free, and not competitive, uncontrolled world currency. Instead countries of the world should agree to create world profitable currency for goods exchange, which was adopted by the UN and was controlled by corresponding commissions, we had reference to such world currency," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Just wanted to bring this news to the members of ATS.Going forward, it's clear that the world will move to a single currency. It will in fact happen by itself, as digital systems bid down exchange commissions to smaller fractions and the shenanigans of central banks are immediately recognized by creditors (including sellers of ordinary items). Contracts will be tied to a weighted basket of existing currencies, commodities, metals, calories, gigabits, kilowatts, etc. (maybe including phone bank hours and other estimates of labor value).

www.turkishweekly.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
We already have a global currency, and indeed have had it for millenia. It's called "Gold." People have mostly forgotten its power over the last centruy, however.

Nevertheless, people are starting to remember again. Which terrifies central banks everywhere.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
We already have had examples of One World currencies in our past. If you think of the greatest empires that existed in the then 'known world', each empire had one currency in their time.

Personally, I think a One World Currency would be a good thing. It would make global trading easier, it would be better for tourism, it would provide a level playing field and it would help in standardising pricing of the same goods across the world.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
If it was introduced, it would have to be phased in over a long period.

There are such variances in the cost of production across all portions of the globe that it would turn the western powerhouses into economic deserts. Establishing a level playing field in that arena would need to be looked at first. I am sure none of you subscribing here would wish to affect your standard of living significantly - UNLESS IT WAS UPWARDS.

The majority of countries clamouring for a global currency are those with low costs of production - however, given the cost of goods transportation, the lowering GDP of most developed countries, the high oil price and the likelihood of average personal disposable income hitting the floor...maybe it will never be viable...

I for one prefer to live in a multi-currency world, where currencies are linked to sovereign states. If you look at the effect of the euro...has it been so successful?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Henry Kissinger: The world must forge a new order or retreat to chaos

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
And I thought we had all these smart, fast and powerfull mainframes that can convert currencies. My PC, even my calculator does it in 1 operation. Bullocks! This is no excuse to have a world currency. This stinks.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sure.
One world currency.
One world bank.
One world government.
One world army.
One world law.
One world enslavement.
One world poverty.
One world famine.
One world pestilence.
One world misery.

Man 1: "Super Currency! Super Currency!"
Man 2: "I'll have the soup."

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well, here it starts. The conspiracy is that the global meltdown was created by the bankers to force upon us a one world currency with one central bank.

Next step will be: One World Government!

top topics

join