It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Guns ordered to shoot UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Top Guns ordered to shoot UFOs

www.news.com.au

Article from: The Daily Telegraph

* Font size: Decrease Increase
* Email article: Email
* Print article: Print
* Submit comment: Submit comment

January 26, 2009 02:38pm

AIR Force Top Guns have already battled UFOs in the skies over Britain under a top-secret Government directive, a former senior insider has sensationally claimed.

Nick Pope - whose 21-year stint at the Ministry of Defence included three years on the UFO desk - told The Sun of the rules of engagement for the fi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
What a nice race we are....... shoot first ask questions later.

Is it any wonder that we are treated as and hostile people?

Is the English government playing with fire here?

Why has the public little or no say in these matters that affect us all.
this story shows we are not told enough of what is really going on today

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-1-2009 by smokingman2006]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Good thing we aren't damaging them. And they aren't firing back. What exciting times to be alive.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I learned two important lessons in life...

ONE:
Do not p**s into the wind...

TWO:
Do not believe anything from The Sun (UK) and Daily Telegraph (AUS)

Why always have the same BS with out any proof. That is fail journalism on their part. If you believe crap like that then you should read WeeklyWorldNews as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This thread is like the movie, a cheesy comedy.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bskivss3

ONE:
Do not p**s into the wind...

TWO:
Do not believe anything from The Sun (UK) and Daily Telegraph (AUS)

1000% True
Totally False everything that these RAGS print.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yep I agree.
If it was in a different paper, I might even actually consider it possibly being true.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
A case that comes to mind is the one of Milton Torres: he was an US pilot but it happened in England skies:

US airman Milton Torres told to shoot down UFO when based at RAF Manston

The order came straight out of the Cold War manual: “Arm all weapons and fire on sight.” For Lieutenant Milton Torres, an American jet fighter pilot based in Britain, it was the first and last time that he had received such a chilling instruction.

As soon as he scrambled his Sabre jet from RAF Manston in Kent and headed eastwards, he saw the blip on his radar, indicating the presence of an aircraft the size of a B52 about 15 miles away, and he prepared to close in for the kill with a salvo of rockets. But the “aircraft”, judged to be hostile and probably Russian, simply vanished. The blip on the radar disappeared.

The 24-year-old American pilot's extraordinary experience on the night of May 20, 1957, which he was officially ordered never to reveal to anyone, has come to light after the declassification of another batch of Ministry of Defence files relating to reported incidents of unidentified flying objects appearing in British airspace — in this case the only known example of a jet fighter pilot being ordered to shoot down a UFO.

Mr Torres, now 77 and a retired professor of civil engineering living in Miami, told The Times that the day after he was scrambled from RAF Manston he received a visit from an American in a trenchcoat who waved a National Security Agency identity card at him and warned him that, if he ever revealed what had happened, he would never fly again.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

This is one of the cases released by british MoD, and is the only one that comes to mind that is somewhat related to Pope's claims.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Timothy Good has covered some cases of this nature in a number of his books, I cite "Need To Know" as an example. My interpretation of his presentations was, "Don't hunt tigers with a pea-shooter!"

Whether or not you believe the statements in The (super soaraway) Sun ("Phew, what a scorcher!") there is a lot of case evidence elsewhere although of course, the jury is still out on the verdict.

As an aside, I would be interested to hear about the general opinion of Timothy Good. I have always found his writing to be informative and apparently well research and certainly, in the books I have read he tends more to the objective side and doesn't necessarily intone the validity of every statement made by witnesses, allowing the reader to make up their own mind.

EDIT: Spelling... Tschhh!

[edit on 26-1-2009 by SugarCube]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Given that they are instructed to engage these craft, they must surely have some knowledge of who they are. Engaging something that is unknown and very likely to have advanced technology on it is not very wise. Presuming you can attack it with missiles and cannons seems a bit silly, they're most likely using "alternative" weapons.

So, I wonder who these enemies of our Dark rulers are?

[edit on 26/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

sty

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
well, if you would have the latest best tank then you travel to a land where people trow arrows at your tank , would you retaliate? So from their point of view I would understand not to fight back. However if the story is true - we could gain more by actually welcoming the visitors and trying to talk to them .

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
As i said on the other thread about this...

Unfortunately, It's not only the sun...
nick pope has confirmed this to and many newspapers are covering the story.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk...

www.nickpope.net...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

Maybe they've tried welcoming them? Maybe they aren't the type of visitors that you want sticking around?

Its the only possible reason I can think of for greenlighting combat engagements with alien spacecraft. Unless you count stupidity on the part of our policy makers, which isn't completely out of the question, but in this case, I think even they are smart enough to realize that its a bad, bad idea to attack an alien civilization without provocation.

That said, I'm not entirely sure I believe this story.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by vor78]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What no one here is considering is this, what if these UFOs are not alien in nature? What if the Gov'ts of the world know what they are and still will not tell you? I believe these things exist , but i do not believe they are aliens from another planet ect. if so we would know by now. I think the truth is so scary that the people in the know will never tell because it would be mass chaos and panic. Think outside the alien box for a minute and consider what would be so terrifying that absolutely no one that knows the truth would tell to the general population? What do you all think?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Anyone who denies this is denying Bentwaters AFB in the retrospect.

Nick Pope isn't some goon, and neither was our military that was stationed over at Bentwaters AFB.

Get use to it, it's going to get real interesting the next few years.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

how did we get here, here where other humans think they know whats best for other humans, i'm quite up set by this. the fact that there are alot over england gives me hope that they will save us , but it also makes me think englands gonna get hit hard. not as hard as america though, the single ray of sunlight through a very dark cloud. i'm a mixture of scared, happy, angry and impatience. i will be trying to attract them every night from now on. peace out
max

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

These things are very real. What they are is a mystery to us but exist they do. Why the PTB want to take them out is their business, why they still keep us in the dark about their existence is the spooky bit. I just have this feeling our nuke explosions and/or space exploration has got these UFOs attention focussed on us human types.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
because they think we are not worthy of knowning

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Maybe they can take out the latest wave of "sky lanterns" while they're at it too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Heh. Us shooting at these alledged UFO's of highly advanced technology with our best weapon capability is like blowing bubbles at them with a Bozo Bubble Blower.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join