It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truly Spiritual Places

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If you ever get to the great state of Kentucky, you have to visit the natural arch.
It is close to Corbin Ky, home of Cumberland Falls. Also, a beautiful place.
But the arch is awe inspiring. Its quite the hike to get to, but well worth it! It truly was a spiritual experience. This place was considered sacred by the Cherokee indians.
I can not explain the effect that it had on me. Tears welled and flowed and I was shaking terribly. I was totally overwhelmed with emotion.
Have you ever been to a place that made you feel this way. Why do you think there are places like this?
I have never experienced that before. I can not explain it...can you? I can post more pics if your interested!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have never visited this place. I have visited, twice, Natural Bridge in Eastern Kentucky near Red River Gorge. It's quite a great place to see and experience and also takes a bit of work to go to the site. Amazing these arches are on top of mountains and, yet, they were formed by rushing waters as has been declared. I think the most spirtutal place I ever visited was in Israel. It was not Jerusalem where the Wailing Wall is, nor the Church of the Sepulchre. It was the city of Nazareth, where I met with a Christian Arab family. We had business dealings, but the deal fell thorugh because we could not agree on things, but we still had a great feeling of brotherhood and my wife and I were given a fantastic tour of the city and experienced a Psalm Sunday celebration. I will never forget the wonderful feeling of love from everyone I met there and acceptance of each other. I expected more of this spiritual feeling everwhere I went in Israel, but only found it among Arabs in Nazareth.

new topics

join