It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET Contact - Why should we wait for the US to act?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've picked up from just about everywhere, including on ATS, that a clear assumption is held that the US is, and should be, the leader of Earth's nations when it comes to making contact with ET civilisations. Why should that be I ask?

Successive US governments have shown they are vulnerable to internal and external influences who hide the facts and lie to them. Why then should the rest of the countries of the world put up with this and accept that the US is 'the' country to lead contact with ET civilisations. Look at how the US treats ETs ... they've been trying to blow them out of the sky since the forties!

Dr Steven Greer has recently announced that one European Government has approached him to help organise a major contact event. I'm all for that, as we ...outside the US... are not infected by quite so many short-sighted, self-interest issues.

Listen to his latest interview on the World Puja Network here. It's in the archives, and you may need to register (free).

My first post ... but ya gotta start somewhere!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by panpravda

Welcome! And you bring up a great point!

I've heard some argue that the US likely has made contact with, interacted with, and possibly signed treaties or pacts with ETs.

I cannot recall exactly where I read it (might have been 'The Threat' by David Jacobs, or Richard Dolan's UFO book), but some say there have been pacts made where the US Govt. allows a certain number of citizens to be abducted per year for research in exchange for technology. It's pretty far out there, but could be a reason why the US is so ho-hum on the topic.

Also, I think the US probably has the best data regarding UFOs, as well as some technology probably derived from UFOs, so I think they would have the most to lose in regards to control and secrecy.

Then again, I see no reason why another government couldn't preempt the US and attempt to make contact with the ETs. The UK or Russia might be prime candidates, as they likely have information and data they aren't sharing.

If another major player did it, it might in fact force the United States to release its information, as it could reveal specific instances where the American Govt. covered up incidents and interactions.

(LONG SHOT) It could also be that the US forced other countries, allies at the time, to sign secret agreements or treaties that held the others to secrecy until the US revealed what they know.

Just postulating, but there could be a variety of reasons why people think the US should be first, although I see no problem with any other country trying to contact them first.

We're all on this planet together. It's kind of like the moon landing. While it was a triumph for the US Space Program, it was simultaneously a triumph for humanity. So I think it matters less WHO makes open contact, but that it actually occurs.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's interesting that you say that.

From what I have read I never got that idea.

Most people (from the US) talk about UFOs in a way that may look like the US is the only country that has UFO sightings (although I think it's the country with more UFO sightings), but I never got the idea that they consider that the US should be any kind of leader in this subject.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yea I certainly agree with you. If we make contact we make contact.

I just think the US has the most information, data, and has the most to lose, which is why they would be key in disclosure.

Of course, if aliens came down and introduced themselves, the point would be moot. We wouldn't need government information or data, unless you wanted to study the history of alien interaction on our planet.

I think the US Govt. might be able to shed the most light on what has been going on in our skies over the past hundred years (and maybe even further back) simply because they have the most information.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by panpravda

Hey listen, if you can get any other country to provide viable, tangible proof then I am ALL ears.

Good luck with that.

Any kind of pilots, presidents, astronauts, politicians, military people, cops,etc. need not apply as proof. They are JUST as prone to mistakes as anyone else.

Blurry photos or videos need not apply.

Videos or photos of tiny blobs of light need not apply.

Hypnosis stories need not apply.

Improperly tested, so called "removed material from my body" folks need not apply.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Thanks for your comments JipStix ...

I've heard some argue that the US likely has made contact with, interacted with, and possibly signed treaties or pacts with ETs.

Yes, the information I've looked into over quite some time now supports this notion.

some say there have been pacts made where the US Govt. allows a certain number of citizens to be abducted per year for research in exchange for technology.

Again, I understand this is one of the elements to the agreements. I also take the view that the US military had no choice in this being part of the 'so-called' treaty they signed.

Also, I think the US probably has the best data regarding UFOs, as well as some technology probably derived from UFOs, so I think they would have the most to lose in regards to control and secrecy.

It is undoubtedly the case that the US has most of everything here, hence the most to loose, hence the feet dragging. The fact also remains, however, that there are governments across the world that have greater connectedness with the populations of their countries, and are in very strong positions to take the lead in a first-public-contact scenario.

Then again, I see no reason why another government couldn't preempt the US and attempt to make contact with the ETs. The UK or Russia might be prime candidates, as they likely have information and data they aren't sharing.

Yes, why not?

If another major player did it, it might in fact force the United States to release its information, as it could reveal specific instances where the American Govt. covered up incidents and interactions.

Back to the start ... why wait for the US? The information they would be obliged to open up would tend to annoy the American people themselves, hence the current push to offer an amnesty to these 'people' (I am watching my language here) within the US government, military and their security organisations to come clean without fear of retribution.

(LONG SHOT) It could also be that the US forced other countries, allies at the time, to sign secret agreements or treaties that held the others to secrecy until the US revealed what they know.

This is a distinct possibility.

Just postulating, but there could be a variety of reasons why people think the US should be first, although I see no problem with any other country trying to contact them first.

I think that looking into this could be a very intersting excercise further down the line, but for now, let's get the ball rolling via other very real and credible routes.

We're all on this planet together. It's kind of like the moon landing. While it was a triumph for the US Space Program, it was simultaneously a triumph for humanity. So I think it matters less WHO makes open contact, but that it actually occurs.

There's more to the Moon landings, much more. I do agree, however, what does it really matter WHO makes contact and makes the information public. Just get it done and let's move on to do our bit in helping the human race become better universal citizens.

--

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Well, I dunno if I'd agree that the consensus is that the US be the leaders.

I think due to money and power, the US are just doing that defacto. *I* certainly didnt nominate them and, no offense to any Americans on here, the US govt is the last sort of people I'd want to speak for the human race.

Now, whether these conspiracy theories that the US have actually made contact and are in regular chinwags with these aliens and so on are true, then of course they are governing the whole deal very tightly and will actively prevent the rest of us from ever knowing.

But you're correct -- there's no reason why any other world power couldn't make an attempt. However, how would they do it? What are you referring to? telescopes, etc? Radio signals? I'm not sure what else we can do... unless of course all the UFO/US conspiracy theories are correct.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The Governments of every country on this planet have already been approached by quite a few ET races. They negotiate with them just as our countries negotiate with each other.

But unfortunately, it's not broadcasted on the TV.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Good point. Probably not in our best interest either, by we i mean the human race.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well, they’re all in it together! Remember, the US controls all the purse strings. The World Bank, IMF etc. If they don’t toe the American line then no aid, no doles! And they control the UN too, to a large extent.

It is known that there have been secret meetings at the UN on disclosure modalities and threats issued to the diplomatic community if they act independently.

Threats to UN Diplomatic Community.

I raised the issue of two independent reports that diplomats had been physically threatened to remain silent about UN discussions on UFOs and extraterrestrial life. I emphasized that one of the sources involved a senior European diplomat that had relayed that the physical threats were genuine and diplomats were being silenced.

Source A mentioned that one of the reasons that the UN had been chosen was that the diplomatic community is very good at leaking information. This was an important consideration in the controlled leakage initiated by the admiral and other senior Navy officials "to gauge the responses." In particular, they wanted to see the public response to the UN disclosures, and also the media response.

The choice of UN ambassadors to receive the information was a strategic choice to help move forward the disclosure process. All ambassadors were fully briefed by their military liaisons on what transpired at the Upstate NY and European meetings. The Ambassadors were therefore an important part of the controlled leak.

Source A said that the world is hostile to extraterrestrial disclosure. They are trying to find out where the hostility is coming from and whether it can be neutralized and reduced.

Source A confirmed the independent reports that UN diplomats were being threatened not to reveal to the public anything about the secret UN meetings discussing extraterrestrial life.

So there! When it comes to ETs and disclosure, the US rules the roost!

Cheers!

www.exopolitics.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think every leader of every peoples has had contact and perhaps it is the ET's that choose to remain unknown to the masses and only deal with the leaders or perhaps their has to be an approval of a certain percentage of the worlds leaders before they will make their presence known because they have a prime directive or sorts as was envisioned by Roddenbury and mentioned by contactees such as Alex Collier. If that is the case then all the leaders need to be in agreement about their peoples readiness before it will happen. If this is the case we may be in the best position for this to happen than we have since Kennedy with Obama as our new leader.

In the end.. it is all just conjecture as we have no idea what the real hold up is.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Well, they’re all in it together! Remember, the US controls all the purse strings. The World Bank, IMF etc. If they don’t toe the American line then no aid, no doles! And they control the UN too, to a large extent.

I agree to an extent ... but they are not 'all powerful' really ... yes, I know they're scary, but everything has a time when it must come to an end. I feel we need to pay attention to the new, younger, braver, morally enlightened, and not quite so controllable leaders that are popping up all over. As for myself, I think there is real substance to the possibility of a non-US effort to bring about true disclosure, and even make the first steps to bring about a 'first contact' scenario.
--

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by panpravda
I've picked up from just about everywhere, including on ATS, that a clear assumption is held that the US is, and should be, the leader of Earth's nations when it comes to making contact with ET civilisations. Why should that be I ask?

i really don't think it's up to us to be fair, the ET's are the ones calling the shot's, if we could choose to contact them we would have already.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Well ,assuming that the impression OP got is accurate, to be honest, if you had said this to me last January while Bush was in power I would have said "Theres no damned way Im letting some oil baby attempt to communicate with another species on my behalf. Godamned fool can barely communicate with other humans for crying out loud !!". And of course as the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet, he would be the one responsible for representing our species. That would have sucked.
However if President Obama wishes to represent humanity in such a theatre then I for one am all for that. Lets face it , if you tried to sit Great Britains leader , Gordon Brown ,in front of an alien panel, it would be a matter of time before they assumed he was a food animal and chewed upon his boring , shiftless, idiot carcass.
There was a time when I would have protested bitterly at America having the sole resposibility of showing the best of humanity to an alien species. Thats largely because it was being run by a bunch of thieves , weapons smugglers, drug runners, and racists. Nowadays, however, I have a metric **** tone of respect for the nation as a whole, and its current leadership.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I was with you all the way man until you said:

Originally posted by panpravda

Dr Steven Greer has recently announced that one European Government has approached him to help organise a major contact event.

Greer is a complete jerk and should be locked away in a padded cell. He has done nothing but a disservice to UFOlogy with his fabrications and CSETI money scams.

Shame on you Greer... Shame indeed!

IRM

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I think that there may be a kinda secret organization working across many governments. After all Robert Dean found out about the presence of Non-terrestrial beings from a briefing document at S.H.A.P.E headquarters in Belgium, which is just the European wing of NATO. Historically NATO was set up to protect allied powers from communist invasion, but perhaps it was more than that. It was set up in 1949, just two years after the Roswell crash. Perhaps there is a shadowy sub section of NATO that has always been there with the sole purpose of retrieving and covering up Extraterrestrial crash debris.

I agree that we shouldn't look solely to the US to initiate disclosure, this needs to be a worldwide effort and it isn't just in the hands of those in the know. We should all try to find ways to initiate contact.

ATS is in an ideal position to organize mass contact events. These could be music concerts or outdoor speaking events that could raise awareness about this subject, but also offer ideal circumstances for the visitors to initiate mass contact with large groups of like minded individuals that are open to such an event.

I am not talking about funding such events, but just creating enough buzz for these kinds of events to manifest. Most of us want contact to occur, well lets get together, get organized and pick some dates and locations to go outside and invite the visitors to shake our hands.

These could just be skywatch events, I have a feeling that if people start to go outside in larger and larger numbers purely for the sole purpose of making some kind of contact with a non-terrestrial intelligence that said intelligences are going to notice and perhaps this will be encouragement enough to step into the light and say hello.

What have we got to lose, with the recession any other kind of night out is just too expensive these days.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Maybe because the UFO's are black project craft and nothing to do with aliens..wouldnt make much sense to release such technology for the world to see and copy,especially considering how far ahead it is compared to conventional aircraft.I think the only two countries which know about this technology are Russia and The USA,so maybe we should ask russia nicely to let us in on the secrets

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don't really understand why so many presume Governments have to be in control of contact with ETs. Why don't you just do it yourselves?

You would be suprised how simple it is.

The truth on how to do it is out there, but you must find it yourselves.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm sticking this here because I don't feel like starting a new thread just for this.

On Fox News just now 9:45 a.m. EST Nick Pope is saying that when UFO's appeaar the Royal Airforce would engage in combat if they felt there was a threat and that the UK has been trying to shoot down UFO's so they can prove UFO's are real. He said they have had Dog fights with UFO's and over the next year all information should be released.

He stated that the UFO's have deactivated the pilots craft.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I'm sticking this here because I don't feel like starting a new thread just for this.

On Fox News just now 9:45 a.m. EST Nick Pope is saying that when UFO's appeaar the Royal Airforce would engage in combat if they felt there was a threat and that the UK has been trying to shoot down UFO's so they can prove UFO's are real. He said they have had Dog fights with UFO's and over the next year all information should be released.

He stated that the UFO's have deactivated the pilots craft.

This may well be true, but the US military started the coconut shy!

Anyway, Nick Pope is a UK government stooge - allegedly!
-

[edit on 27-1-2009 by panpravda]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join