It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama - Supporters And Opponents, Please Respond

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
In an attempt to gain some understanding from a wide and proudly diverse group, I would like ATS members to answer two of the following three questions.

Please, on your honor, answer honestly for you. This thread is not a discussion thread, this is a data-gathering thread. After some period of time, or when the response rate appears to be dying down, I will collate and post the results. User IDs of the respondents will not be included in my collation, although they will of course be visible in the thread.

Thank you.

Everybody answer Question 1:

1) I consider myself a supporter of Barack Obama. Yes or No.

If your answer to question 1 is YES, answer Question 2.

If your answer to question 1 is NO, answer Question 3.

Do not answer both questions 2 & 3. If both are answered, that response will be discarded.

2) I believe Obama is more than merely human. I consider him a Messiah figure, a savior, perhaps sent from God (or my equivalent). Whatever words I use, I consider Obama more than just a man. Yes or No.

3) I believe Obama supporters in general consider Obama to be more than a man. I believe Obama supporters think of him as a Messiah or savior figure. More than human. Yes or No.

Thank you for your participation in this data-gathering, non-discussion thread.

edit to add the words "in general" to question 3.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Open_Minded Skeptic]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

NO.

I believe Obama supporters consider Obama to be more than a man. I believe Obama supporters think of him as a Messiah or savior figure. More than human. Yes or No.

Some yes. Some no. It depends on their behavior and attitude.

Edited to add - a lot claim that they dont' consider him as such, but their behavior and attitudes say differently.

[edit on 1/25/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
1) Hell No

3) Yes, they sure do. The man is suppose to be a Messiah. Go figure. (Maybe alien)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
1) NO

3)Yes for majority.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

Yes

2) I believe Obama is more than merely human.

No.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
1) Nope

3) No

sorry

[edit on 25-1-2009 by asmall89]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
[edit on 25-1-2009 by Open_Minded Skeptic]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

yes

2) I believe Obama is more than merely human. I consider him a Messiah figure, a savior, perhaps sent from God (or my equivalent). Whatever words I use, I consider Obama more than just a man. Yes or No.

no

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
1. Yes.

2. You have got to be kidding me. Aside from the general fray of lunatics that exist on both sides of the isle, most people view Obama as a smart leader that they feel can lead us through a turbulent time. No one expects parted seas or water turning to wine. No one ever did - and to take a few EXTREME examples of people who may have gotten a little too excited is by no means a national movement or "general" picture of Obama supporters. People did the same for Bush, they did it to Regan and they did it to Clinton.

People need something they can believe in right now.

This "sample" you are taking is ridiculous and I will wager that you will not be able to show what you are hoping for. Are there a few crazies that think Obama is a god? Sure. Just the same as those who thought Bush was waging a holy war.

But let me make one thing clear. People have not been this engaged by politics and our government in a long time.

Instead of running around trying to prove that Obama supporters are delusional idiots, why don't you apply your open minded skepticism for something positive like gathering ideas on how to fix the economy, or what we could do as a people to get through this crazy moment in history.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
1. Yes (even though I did not vote for him)

This is what we have and until he shows me something different than what he has so far I will support the President of The United States. All the accusations of this, that, and the other things are mostly unfounded. Anybody ever stop to think for sec about his hiring of so called NWO type people. How would you bring that type of a group down? Maybe get a couple insiders who are really for change and bring them down from within. I believe this President will help us to usher in a new era of peace and forgiveness. No more wars and killing when talking will get you much farther. We need to stand on the high ground and lead by example not force. This country alone could start a wave across the world. We are all one and imagine the world we could live in if we all acted as one. Anyway my .02 carry on

2. No I agree with TruthWithin

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
[edit on 25-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
1. Supporter as in "enthusiast" somewhat: Yes. Supporter as in "follower"? No, I'm not a "devotee".

2. No.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Everybody answer Question 1:

I didn't vote for the man, but he is now my president, so the answer is YES.

No, he is my President, and that is all that needs to be said.

[

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but this has to be one of the least scientific research projects I have seen on ATS - it has all the potential to just deliver demand characteristics.

Foe easy reference:

"Definition: A term used in psychology experiments to describe a cue that makes participants aware of what the experimenter expects to find or how participants are expected to behave. Demand characteristics can change the outcome of an experiment because participants will often change their behavior to conform to the experimenters expectations. "

In even simpler terms as applicable to your "survey" - are you an Obama supporter if so do you admit to be being insane? if Not do you think Obama supporters are insane? What are the chances you would get valid statistics?

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

1. yes

2. no

3. no

Obama is a man, nothing more or less. Kinda like Jesus was, just a man, not a messiah or a God.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Any discussion points anyone has are now welcome in this thread. Perhaps we can gain some additional understanding.

I'll still keep track of answers and collate the results if enough responses warrant it. So far, there is not enough data to justify any conclusion. I do find it interesting that given the passion displayed around this subject, so few members have chosen to respond here.

As regards
post by Mynaeris

There were no claims this is at all scientific. Polls of this sort are by definition not scientific, and no amount of manipulation of the questions will make it so. No poll that relies on pro-active action on the part of the respondents, to respond or not without being specifically queried, can be scientific, because the population is not randomly sampled.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
People need something they can believe in right now.

This simple statement struck me as so basic and raw, that I recognize it as truth. And I find it difficult to understand why so many people either don't understand it or consider it with such contempt and cynicism.

"People need something to believe in". Isn't that what faith in ANYTHING is about? We ALL need something to believe in. Some believe in their marriage, some believe they're making a life for their children that's better than their own, some believe in their religion, some believe they are making the world a better place. So, why the contempt, I wonder?

And I also agree with your point that people are, for the first time in a long time, really engaged in politics and even what's happening with their community and their states... It's a good thing. This is OUR country and if we don't take the reins, SOMEONE will.

I do find it interesting that given the passion displayed around this subject, so few members have chosen to respond here.

Yeah. That is interesting. Usually people are chomping at the bit to get their opinions out there.

[edit on 26-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wait for the results of his "activity"!
unless you are into supporting or opposing bubbles
))

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hmmm.. you left out the "neutral" option.

I was a little leary of Obama coming in - but I did not forsee total doom the way some did. Being that I was not 100% for him I guess that would make me a non-supporter?

Now for part 2. I think there has been a huge amount of hype built up around him. Some of this is his own doing, but a large part of it comes from the media, his supporters, etc.

Nobody can live up to all of the hype and hopes some have pinned on him. He's a man, he's human, so sooner or later he will make a mistake or do something his supporters do not like and some will likely be very disappointed and feel let down.

Having said that. I've not really (IMO) seen much wrong in what he's done thus far. My guess is he'll do ok. Some things will go really well - some will not. He's human after all.

My point is that if a person blindly believes all the hype about anything, a new soft drink, a religion, a new car, or new President they are sitting themselves up to be let down eventually. Some realize this and some don't - it can apply to anything or anyone that gets huge amounts of hype.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am rather disturbed at the response to Obama, I have not seen people act this way about a single person before. I actually felt myself almost being swept along with the Obama fever, but managed to shake it off, and get a grip. Which makes me believe there is some mass mind control going on here.

Im also shocked at some ats members, i thought people here would by now, realize the real agenda behind it all.

I have a very strange feeling about him, i cannot explain it, but its there. I actually think hes good looking, so its not because of the way he looks. It is a sense, and a kind of knowing. And the more i see these people worshipping him, the more worrying it becomes. You can control far better through hope, than fear, so Obama has seem to have proven.

I believe it is not going to turn out well, but hes damn right about one thing. Change.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join